This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Sign-in works again

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

The other week I wasn't able to log in. TBH, I thought it wasn't a big loss, and I wasn't going to contact Noesis moderators to be able to log in.

Today, I checked, and to my surprise, I was able to sign in without problems. Mysterious.

Anyway, I wish all my friends here who may chance upon this a very happy and healthy new year.

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Sign-in works again

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Snatches a couple of smiley - bubbly before anybody else gets a chance smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Sign-in works again

Post 3

I just logged out and in again. Could only get in by using my number, not my "name" smiley - geek

But that's okay, as long as I can get in smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Sign-in works again

Post 4

You can call me TC

Perhaps Bel missed the info that you need your number rather than your log-in name to log in. Anyway - welcome back in, Bel! And Happy Christmas! Somewhere I have a note of your birthday - I have a feeling it was around now......

Sign-in works again

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"Welcome back smiley - ok

The announcement is still on the frontpage (down the list of announcements at < F21546918?thread=8314682 > ) "

Sign-in works again

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I heard about having to use the number instead of the name, and I tried that, too, but nothing worked.

It is rather poor that there isn't any possibility of retrieving one's password. Every website worth something has this option.

On h2g2, all there is is the following:

Transfer or reactivate your old account | Don't yet have an account

h2g2.com | © Not Panicking Ltd 2015. All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions

So, where is the 'I forgot my password' link????

Sign-in works again

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, and how can it be that a post is in premod for more than an hour? Is half of h2g2 under premod, or what takes them so long?

This is ridiculous.

Sign-in works again

Post 8

I've only come across one researcher who is under premod - and it's not you, Bel - so I don't really see the problem

What skin are you using, Bel?

smiley - pirate

PS: We were told that we would one day be able to use our names to log in again, TC. That day has obviously not arrived yet, but quite frankly I don't give a damn smiley - winkeye

Sign-in works again

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

There's only one skin for login. And I used my name, not a number. smiley - smiley

Once I am logged in, there's of course the one and only skin to use: brunel. smiley - biggrin

Sign-in works again

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

The Eds can see your password. So if you asked nicely an ed could e-mail it to you. But there is no automatic system for sending it.

Sign-in works again

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Ah, but the fault wasn't at my end, because my password was correct.
Plus, I've been away for so long, I haven't a clue who the eds are, or what their email addresses are, so I couldn't ask. smiley - smiley

Sign-in works again

Post 12

"There's only one skin for login"

Ah, well, I have two bookmarks that take me to my personal space in either pliny or alabaster where I can log in from. (Well, actually they take me to my lists of 'Postings' or 'Conversations' but that hardly matters)

"And I used my name, not a number"

That is strange. That is what has bothering the rest of us for moons now. We (at least I) can only log in with my U-number (without the U) smiley - huh

I think all the volunteers (and they are all volunteers, mind you) are very helpful whenever needed - and easily found too.
Of course having a password e-mailed automatically would be a nice feature, but I for one can certainly live without it smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Sign-in works again

Post 13

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit checking account
"I am not a number! I am a free name!

You can change the number (back) to name again, do not bother about capitals and the more characters the better. "

Sign-in works again

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

Pierce, it says in the announcement:

Meanwhile, you can always use the numeric part of your User Number, or you can update your preferences and put your old user name into the Login Name box, and again use this to login.

I never changed my preferences, so they still show my old log-in name.

But when I tried to reply just now, I found myself logged out, and was taken to my preferences. Very odd. smiley - weird

Refreshing helped, I was again logged in.

Sign-in works again

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - lurkwith love and wishes sweetheartsmiley - lurk

smiley - hugsmiley - smoochreason known

Sign-in works again

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

Thank you, Prof. smiley - smooch
So, each time I try to do something, I find myself logged out. I refresh, then I'm logged in again. I wonder how you all cope with that on a daily basis. smiley - erm

Sign-in works again

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

This is what I just got:

We're sorry, but you can't post to a Conversation until you've logged in to h2g2.

If you already have an h2g2 account, please click here to sign in.

If you haven't already become a member with us as a Researcher, please click here to become a member. Becoming a member is free and will enable you to share your wisdom with the rest of the h2g2 Community. Tell me more!.

Alternatively, click here to return to the Conversation without logging in.

I remember a time when this happened a lot, so nothing changes, by the looks of it.

Sign-in works again

Post 18

"...or you can update your preferences and put your old user name into the Login Name box..."

smiley - sorry I must have missed that bit

"...I wonder how you all cope with that on a daily basis..."

I don't. Like never. But then I never log out. Do you?

(My preferences are: Skin - pliny, Forum style - Frames, User Mode - Basic)

May I suggest you email the [email protected] ?

smiley - pirate

PS: smiley - goodluck and happy new year smiley - hug

Sign-in works again

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

There are no gurus anymore. And anyway, I don't intend to email anybody. The bad end is theirs, not mine, so emailing noesis wouldn't change a bloody thing. My impression is, that this site is rapidly going downhill, with next to no maintenance, and no user friendliness to boot.

Sign-in works again

Post 20

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

I have this information from about 6 months ago that I used.
~ ~ h2g2 log-in problems:
[email protected]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more