This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Ring my Bel...

Post 1

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Bel...! How have you been?
I've ducked back into HooToo after almost a decade. Thought I'd roust up a few of the old acquaintances and say 'Hi'.
smiley - erm
"Hi."
smiley - winkeye
B4ipressUforagoodconvothreadtohangaroundin

Ring my Bel...

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi there. smiley - biggrin
I am very rarely here, I only check here occasionally. Read a book that mentioned the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster and found an entry on an old BBC site, so wondered if h2g2 had a guide entry on it.
Hope you are ok, and managed to get in touch with old h2g2 acquaintances. smiley - smiley

Ring my Bel...

Post 3

smiley - biggrin
So far, so good.
Not as many as I'd like, Bel, but I want to thank you for saying "Hi" now that you've ducked back in for a moment.
smiley - erm
Seems way too many folks that I knew a decade ago are no longer active here. I get it. Technology moves on, and this site is a bit "old school", because it was a trailblazer back when it first started. If HooToo could upgrade and streamline, it would stand a chance of surviving into the next decade. The only thing is, then it won't be the same old beloved BBS that we all loved back then.
{sigh}
smiley - erm
Anyway, if you wander back in here again sometime soon, drop me another line with something that had an impact on your life.
Bless!
smiley - cool
B4iuseothermedia2reachmoreoftheAtelierSalonistas

Ring my Bel...

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

I don't mind the site being old school, I'm old school myself these days. But ever since the moderators were changed, the feel of the site changed, too. I don't mean to blame anyone, but it just isn't the same. smiley - smiley

I have two grandchildren, one of which I haven't seen yet. Here is hoping for an effective vaccine. smiley - smiley

Ring my Bel...

Post 5

smiley - erm
As much as I like technology (been dreaming of all the SciFi gadgets coming true since I was a child), nothing replaces a one-on-one hug and to be able to whisper in someone's ear that you love them.
smiley - hug
I get it. Virtual interactions are only good up to a point. I met my current lady, Willo, in an online environment. We recognized we "clicked" with our personalities and our beliefs. We met face-to-face and that cinched it. Granted, I could have been content to hang out in the avatar-driven venue where we met... for a time... but we would not be living together now if it hadn't been for the physical / personal contact we had in Real Life.
smiley - smooch
I hope you get the opportunity to make time with your kids and the grandkids soon. You and they deserve to "feel" like one big extended family. I'll keep that in prayer, as I do for even my family, so that as a World we figure out how to beat these Pandemic diseases and get back to a sense of normal living.
smiley - magic
B4wehave2dealwithmutantstrains&zombies

Ring my Bel...

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I hope you and yours are in good health!

Maybe they'll actually start inoculating people, not just promise it. Instead, they lock down shops and businesses, but the Soccer teams are allowed to play. My dentist just called to cancel my next appointment. I wonder when and where this will end.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more