This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Hi

Post 1

Researcher5

Dear Bel, how has the news about the changes at the BBC been greeted? Best Robbie

Hi

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Dear Robbie,

we're all incredibly sad. There are enormous fears that the community as well as everything we've contributed will be lost.
Nobody has faith in h2g2 finding somebody who buys it, as it is a non-profit site, and who would be interested in that?
Somebody has set up a google group at http://groups.google.com/group/h2g2communityconsortium?hl which already has 26 members.

People discuss ways for the community to host and run h2g2 independently from some company.

I've heard that Jim Lynn has said he owns the h2g2.com domain name, so I guess that's something positive.

Personally, I am not very optimistic, but I'll keep the Post running until the BBC pulls the plug.

How do you feel about it?

Hi

Post 3

Researcher5

Hi Bel, all I can say is don't panic! Think back ten years and forward another ten. Lol R

Hi

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

I've only been here for seven years, so I missed the founding of h2g2 and Rupert, if that's where you are going. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aka Bel - A87832164

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more