This is the Message Centre for Vestboy

Just popped in to say hello

Post 1

Vestboy

I expect everyone is doing important things and keeping busy. Just popped in to see if anyone is around. *hums to self and twiddles thumbs*

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Hello!

Yes, I am rather busy, but there's always time for a cup of tea smiley - teasmiley - biggrin

Post 3

Vestboy

That's very kind. *settles into couch and takes smiley - tea* Mmm, just what I wanted. what's been going on?

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

I'm still keeping busy with Peer Review <./>peerreview</.>, The Post <./>thepost</.> etc. It was an extra busy week this week, but the effort paid off - Towel Day was great smiley - magicsmiley - towel

How's things with you? smiley - tea

Post 5

Vestboy

Hi, sorry to be so erratic. R/L keeps interfering. I'm pleased to hear all your efforts paid off. I'm looking out at the rain at the moment and listening to thunder while thinking as Summery thoughts as possible. I have the noise of the tumble dryer in the background.

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes thunder?! - not got down ere yet smiley - yikessmiley - grovelsmiley - zen

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

There was a storm near me on Sunday, so the rain was very heavy for a time, but nothing like the ones I saw on the news, thankfully...

Thunder and tumble dryer - a rumbling combination! I hope your summery thoughts helped. It has been very hot here today so there is a chance of another storm later, but we will see...

smiley - tea

Post 8

Vestboy

I have a stomach bug today, so the rumbling noises are not coming from the heavens or from an electrical machine. It was probably something that I ate, but I ate so much I don't think I'll be able to narrow it down. I have a request for anyone who is willing to take part: I created a game for six people some time back (instructions are on here somewhere) and I wanted to add a little quirk to it. Unlike other games when your number comes up in this one you are the only one NOT to move. I want to have the non-moving player pick a card from the pack and read out an excuse for why they didn't move. My request is for people to give me the worst excuses they ever heard for something. To be honest very poor excuses will do. The dog ate my homework or there were the wrong sort of leaves on the track would be OK, but I'm really looking out for better than that.

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

Oh dear - sorry to hear the rumbling noises from your intestines... I hope you're feeling better today.

I found your race game A87777580

I like the idea of excuses about why one player couldn't move!

Hmm, my first thoughts were about eg if the playing piece was an elephant, then it saw a mouse and had to miss a turn until the mouse went away, but that wouldn't work if the excuse was on a card that was picked at random... Hmm...

How about: missing a turn because a mole popped up in that lane and it took that long to flatten the mole hill back down?
Missing a turn because there was a treacle spill in the middle of the lane that slowed things down!

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vestboy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more