A Conversation for The United Bedroom Confederacy

Application for the UBC

Post 1101

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

I hereby declare my bedroom a republic. Equal rights for socks!

The Republic of Random bits of paper, Capital City: Heavymetalcomingfromthespeakersatfullvolume
Supreme Ruler: Me.
Population: Always: Me and my computer. Sometimes: My cat and my girlfriend.

Application for the UBC

Post 1102

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Yay, I'm in the silly dark red thing on the main page! smiley - wow

I think the name of the capital will be Nydewb (Not Yet Declared, Eventually Will Be), but the different anarchist groups that rule the republic will have to discuss that.
But Nydewb does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Application for the UBC

Post 1103

Baconlefeets

smiley - wowThis place is packedsmiley - wowsmiley - biggrin

Application for the UBC

Post 1104

unclefletch

ive started work on some visas if anyone wants to work with in my bedroom living with in my room you would need to speak to my home affairs minister (the girlfriend) but currently all people are allowed un restricted access as long as they have a hoover or food

Application for the UBC

Post 1105

Laura

Right, all new memembers are now added. smiley - biggrin I still have no idea why or how we ended up on the front page, but I'm not going to complain. smiley - winkeye

There are probably many errors so badger me to correct it if you spot one. smiley - biggrin

Application for the UBC

Post 1106

Baconlefeets

Where are we on the front page? I've only just been able to get a chance to look and can't see us. Were we in the busiest conversations or somethihng?

Application for the UBC

Post 1107

AK - fancy that!

yesterday, it had a new little blob, a little description, a link, and "equal rights for socks" on there. that's way better than the busiest list.

Application for the UBC

Post 1108

Baconlefeets

OooooOOooooOoHHHhH!!!smiley - wow

Application for the UBC

Post 1109

Laura

Which is why the confussion, as I have never made any attempt to plug the site, apart from a link on my space and an advert on the Classified Adds page. Nobody even mentioned that it was being put on the front page, I just logged on and found it there. I have no idea where the picture came from, I checked in the Picture Library and it wasn't from there.

Application for the UBC

Post 1110

Baconlefeets

How do you get put on the front page anyway?
Can it be anyone who comes across us and recommends?

Application for the UBC

Post 1111

AK - fancy that!

well I wouldn't argue...smiley - biggrin

One way to get a club on the front page is to get it through <./>communityart-requests</.> (I think that's it). Plus, you get a blob for the group.

Application for the UBC

Post 1112

Laura

I have no idea. smiley - weird There's a community choice section under Talk on the front page, where you can recommend clubs you come across, but no one seems to have been paying attention to it lately.

Application for the UBC

Post 1113

AK - fancy that!

You have to put a club throguh community choice before getting a blob. however they're a bit lax about checking it I think.

Application for the UBC

Post 1114

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Aren't we already in community choice?

Application for the UBC

Post 1115

AK - fancy that!

It's likely. But then, we've already got a blob, sorta. two, now

Application for the UBC

Post 1116

Laura

No, we are not now and have never been in either community choice or community art requests. The graphic that was there before I got from the picture library. The new one, as far as I can work out, is our own, as it isn't in the picture library.smiley - erm

Application for the UBC

Post 1117

AK - fancy that!

ah okay.

Well they jsut have to have a front-page graphic for every front page thingy. So, they do...

Application for the UBC

Post 1118

Laura

It's a good picture too. smiley - biggrin I was trying to track it down as normally thre's a larger rectangular version, but there doesn't seem to be one.

Application for the UBC

Post 1119

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Oh, it isn't in the picture library? smiley - sadface I was planning to put it in my space when I finally get to renovating it...

Application for the UBC

Post 1120

AK - fancy that!

YOu still can...
it's in the code for the page

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more