A Conversation for Furries, the Furry Community (concept draft)

Oh dear.

Post 1

The 1 and only Elkherd

Perhaps I better change my name.

Oh dear.

Post 2

Afgncaap5

You know, I've always known the definition of them being animals with human characteristics (such as Sonic, Donald Duck, etc.) but I've never even heard of the role playing version. Informative.

A flurry of Furries (was: Oh dear.)

Post 3

Researcher 114785 or 'GreySpot'

I started running a character in a RPG that is a Hengeyokai (were-fox) and in searching for information on foxes and japanese mythology I found just tons of furry information.

Rannett, I'm not sure if you've seen this but one of the first things I came across was the Furry Code at http://captainpackrat.dynip.com/captpackrat/furcode.htm

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

My idea of furry has been the talking animated mouse as portrayed in Disney films (and a few other non-Disney).

I never could understand those MUCKS.

Post 5

Giguschild - Xenomorph(Muse of Honourable Death...and Mu.)

They're a mucky business.

The whole Disney Thang is (IMHO) the manifestation of the part of every human's (and Disney executive's) mind - EVERYONE feels some affinity with animals, but in some people it's especially pronounced. Btw I don't mean everyone has a genetic predisposition to like cartoons, I just mean the characters and associations of animals are deeply ingrained in our minds, or...uhm...psyches, kinda thing. The instinctual part of our brains.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Furries, the Furry Community (concept draft)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more