This is the Message Centre for Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

'Dust is not a recreational drug'

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

For the next days I will invest my time less in HooToo and more in the observation of a community being build out in the Nevada desert.

This may not be their idea behind the event, that is by not participating in the event I would be a spectator. Well I will make and burn my own work of art made out of tooth picks and broken clothes pegs.

They manage to build a city in less then two weeks, populate it with some 60 thousand Burners, then take over a month to remove the MOOP.

Some may think it is a hippie commune, some may think it is about sex drugs and rock and roll. I think it is about opening your mind and making room for new experiences, new concepts. To expect the unexpected, but you have to be able to allow anything to happen.

I do not have the money to participate nor the courage I think. I do know in some aspects I would love the experience, 'Share and Enjoy', being in a desert and in reflex having made enough preparations. (Mr Baden-Powell is not unknown to me.)

I do remember a summer with an ongoing beach party for more then a month. Playing a drive out and having an apple ready as excuse for the barbecue during the endless nights at the beach.

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

"it is about opening your mind and making room for
new experiences, new concepts. To expect the unexpected, "
smiley - zen exactly! smiley - zen all kinds of everything... and anything... smiley - zensmiley - magic

Post 3

Traveller in Time smiley - tit listening to BMIR
"It would indeed be something you would appreciate smiley - zensmiley - diva

'Rainbow tutu plaza giving performance at 9 o'clock and D' (On the radio while I read your message)."

Post 4

smiley - cool I felt really... odd this morning... and so stuck on some headphones... and tried something new; just white noise.... smiley - zensmiley - musicalnote and breathing... smiley - zen - totally zenned/blissed out smiley - laughsmiley - weird - I seem to have cracked an sort of really odd type way of 'meditating' by... well, ways that just seem to work for me smiley - cool - mind, I've a suspecion all the drugs in my body from the Drs and nurses, are probably adding into it all a little bit, right now smiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - zensmiley - zen now just struggling to be awake/conscious enough to actually do some useful stuff, like finishing off laundry and maybe starting to think about cooking something for s dinner smiley - chefsmiley - diva - its all taking a lot longer than useual, but I'm doing it in a kinda half 'stonned' sort of state of ... calm zen-ness smiley - zen - oddly, my useual way to zen out, and bliss out, and meditate, involves deafening myslef with ultra loud rock, metal or electornica music, via headphones... just... seems to work dfor me somehow, I think its to do with altering brainwave patturns/firing rates, or something smiley - huh

Post 5

Traveller in Time smiley - tit glad to read most Journals
"Will not interrupt the flow though.

Good to hear it is 'only' a 'boil/cyst' Bet you do not really require the additional antibiotics. As far as your body goes it is just another hit . Keep your smiley - handcuffs sanity as it is most usefull smiley - weird

Eating alkaline dust (metaphorical)"

Post 6

I'm getting more relaxed about some of the newer more weird bits of my mind!; I know they're just weidness of druggs in my system, which helps, so I can kinda like today, just walk about the hospital, then home, utterly not living existing in the real world; sort of head in a swmingpool of treacle whilst we came home smiley - weird then just slept for hours! smiley - laugh My insanity is probably the only think keeping me saine - that and the boxes of pengines in my head smiley - zensmiley - zensmiley - biggrin still wish they'd take you off this sill pre mod thing, just seems... stupid... no idea why your on it, really... smiley - grrsmiley - doh

Post 7

V
/V\
/ \

Traveller in Time smiley - tit with the weather report
"The man stands tall in green and pink. The a-maze-ing manbase is red with hidden statues.

Current year theme is 'Carnival of Mirrors' smiley - cdouble"

Post 8

ITIWBS

smiley - space\/
/\/\
smiley - space/\

Post 9

ITIWBS

>space<, the final frontier.

smiley - spacesmiley - spaceo
\/0\/
smiley - space|smiley - space|

Post 10

Traveller in Time smiley - tit fiddling with ASCII art
"This one still works best

)^(

But the arms are not raised for another 10 days

.V
/V\
/_\
MAZE

Still wobbly, there is a magnificent picture at http://blog.burningman.com 'turning off turning in'

smiley - space V
/\ :/\
smiley - space V
smiley - space/smiley - space\
/___\

Guess the last one will be wobbly too. "

Post 11

ITIWBS

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space|/
smiley - space<Osmiley - spaceosmiley - space0<
smiley - spacesmiley - space^smiley - space^smiley - space^

smiley - space\/
>0<
>o
>O

Post 12

Traveller in Time smiley - tit losing leading blanklines at each preview smiley - weird
"Whiteout saturday (even more obscure; get a spellcheck error on saturday) Wind speeds upto 50 miles per hour (or gale or 8 Bft or 75km/h). Beautifull lenticular clouds over the mountain ranges

smiley - space .V
/\.T./\
|smiley - spaceVsmiley - space|
smiley - space/smiley - space\
/___\
MAZE

Waiting time at the gate between two and five hours (The event has not even started jet, these pre arrivals are the artists and workers to build large objects)

Guy from Glastonbury not used to dust, says he knows mood (mud) from festivals much better.

Temperature reading says it is 4458 F smiley - huh well obvious a floating binary smiley - biggrin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

smiley - peacedove Address the issue not the person FOOTINOOTI smiley - peacedove"

Post 13

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to keep the postings per day average high
"There is a smiley - cat (12m long and tail reaching 4m tall) chasing a smiley - shark (some 20m long also with a 4m tall tail). The smiley - shark was chasing smiley - dragons (A big red one and a smaller green scaled one) but the smiley - dragons got away by distracting it with some fireballs. (the smiley - dragons have an articulated neck and tail)

Think the rhino is only a little danger for the floating smiley - island (with palm trees and a beach)

Still have not recognised the floating forest I sometimes see at night, perhaps it is the shifting castle I see at day. I think the zeppelin is an art car with a 'Big Sound System' as I only see it at the distance beyond the 'Big Sound Camps'.

There are some 4 or 5 square riggers patrolling the playa together with several motor yachts. Must be they aresearching for the smiley - island or the Pier from some years back.

< A87859390 > Current man, in about eight hours he will raise his arms.
The CORE projects surrounding the man have been cleared yesterday afternoon. The midway maze was again open last night (read blog by Caveat) but is closed for the preparation of the Man burn tonight.

You tube stream was down this morning between 7 and 9 smiley - erm Black Rock City time. Proibably as they had to clean the dome smiley - wow there are colours again.

Thunderdome advertises you can fight 'No chainmail underwear allowed' smiley - handcuffs

Listening to DJ LED on BMIR, always hoping the next DJ will be Raindog. This British English speaking DJ plays the most unpredictable sounds and music of all. He challenges visitors to play their CD with toe nail cutting sounds or whatever if they bring him a fitting bribe. smiley - biggrin Lacking that we can hear excerpts of the HHGTTG smiley - towel radio plays. "

Post 14

smiley - coolsmiley - cool damnit! I wish I was there in so many ways smiley - grovelsmiley - zen even though I'd probably so not cope with all the people an dstuff anymore smiley - blushsmiley - wahsmiley - cool

Post 15

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to reconnect the youtube
"Can not agree more . . . "

'Dust is not a Recreational Drug'

Post 16

Traveller in Time smiley - tit checking Youtu.be
"The man is already enclosed by a double row of mutant vehicles. smiley - wow"

'Dust is not a Recreational Drug'

Post 17

Traveller in Time smiley - tit missing some Journal entries
"< A87859390 > During the week.

< A87859444 > Saturday sunset / evening.

< A87859453 > And there he goes at the centre of a great party.

Sunday evening the temple went up in flames near silent. "

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more