A Conversation for Talking Point: Turning Television into Movies

Blackadder

Post 1

Hideo

How is it that Bean and the Barclaycard advert man have both been made into honest-to-goodness actual in-cinema-type movies, and Blackadder is still purely telly? smiley - huh

Blackadder

Post 2

Researcher 233344

the trouble is these rowan atkinson big screen versions haven't actually been much kop though, have they? would be terrible to see blackadder ruined in same way.

Blackadder

Post 3

Farrago: Official Thingite Towel Herder

I'm not sure, the thing about the tv series I like is that they don't rely on money. I can't imagine Blackadder working with a big budget and lots of special effects. Also it would be sacrilege to change the actors and I doubt they would want to carry on their characters as they aren't as young as they used to be smiley - smiley

Farrago

Blackadder

Post 4

parrferris

Wasn't 'Blackadder Back & Forth' first shown on the big screen at the Dome?

Blackadder

Post 5

CMaster

Yes

Blackadder

Post 6

FairlyStrange

I don't think Blackadder could be made into a successful movie...and thats' a shame.

The format is too television oriented, and I don't think the comedy would work well as movie fodder.

As I said, its' a shame. I'd like to see new editions on the telly, but for the reasons stated above(age of actors and the absolute necessety of their' being a part of it), I know it can't happen.

All I can do is to hope R.A. continues to rise in his carrer. At least I'll get to see his talent now and again!

NM

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more