A Conversation for Talking Point: Discrimination

...in india...

Post 1

baRuk

i'm in india, and know for a fact that many people groups would still be grossly underdeveloped if it weren't for 'reservations' in schools and govt employ.

i realise it often puts some more deserving candidate out of a seat or a job, but what is the alternative? there are actually people out there that would have *no access to education or jobs if these were not reserved for them. since there really isn't any way of making sure *each person gets justice, i guess this is how it must remain.

i have a friend who qualified 'racially' for some benefits, but rejected them because he felt it was demeaning, neither did he really need the help. till people like that stand up on their own this controversy is going to rage on.

of course, the whole issue has been gleefuly blown up by the politicians on both sides of the issue.

~baRuk

...in india...

Post 2

CMaster

Sounds a bit likt the black guy in the cabinet - lord of the treasury or something. Anyway, he didnt want to talk about being the first black cabinet mininster, because he didn't see it as important. He wanted tot hink (and I hope he's right) that he was the best for the job, and merely happened to be black.

...in india...

Post 3

baRuk

if we solved the race(s) issue, maybe we'd get civilized. when you think of it, hasn't a lot of the civilization process been because races mixed up? i'm from a multi racial family, and though there is more tension and social insecurity, i'm less likely to be slot people on the basis of race. less likely.

~baRuk

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more