This is the Message Centre for Jim Lynn

My Review of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Post 61

Zak T Duck

smiley - erm

Have you read the backlog?

Post 62

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Backlogs's for squares! so is best used of angles.

Post 63

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Right. smiley - erm

Post 64

wosh! right over...

Post 65

No, I got the joke, I just don't get the reply to read the backlog. It would help, y'know smiley - smiley

Post 66

it's mixed english, duel meaning.

Post 67

Zak T Duck

Since when was a posting about backlog a fight to the death? Unless of course the fight to the death is trying to get someone to read the backlog when they won't.

Post 68

indeed!

Post 69

The problem with those posts are that I was posting at work and I posted the first one in the wrong thread without meaning to. I wish my back wasn't to the door!

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Fwiends? smiley - smiley

Post 70

opotunistic smiley - hug

Post 71

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

There is a report on ITV from the premiere on ITV at 12.35pm tonight on ITV (Scottish regional time - may be different in your local region smiley - winkeye)

Post 72

unfortunatly I've already seen it, you get to watch the outside on the big screen inside, plus I'd already passed by, gone in and sat down to enjoy my pringles and HichHikers towel by the time all the stars turned up.

I got to see it all uncut too smiley - tongueout

Post 73

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

The cut version is less boring.

Post 74

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_talkingmovies.asp?pageid=665&co_pageid=5

Thanks Jim

Post 75

Jeffery the hyper-intelligent guitar

I read his review and looked at the list of missing things and well to say I didn't follow the guide's advice would be an understatement... I panicked!!! I panicked like a teenage virgin would faced with Mila Jovovich dressed in naught but a smile and a tube of KY Jelly, would. However in the 3 hours since reading his review I've read others praising the film... whats a boy to do... well book 2 tickets for tonight's 8:45 showing and go watch the damn thing.

I can dig where the critisim is coming from as when I glanced upon the list of missing material I made several noises of dismay. I mean... the conversation with Prosser, the scene with the vogon guard, the "space is big" guide reference, Southend Pier, GPP on the doors, "This is Zaphod Beeblebrox from Betelgeuse Five, not bloody Martin Smith from Croydon." , Arthur marvelling at actually standing on another planet, Joo Janta 200 Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses and most importantly I feel the guide's entry on Earth. (I'll just note there was a bit of copying and pasting there so don't none of you complain)

The key thing is... is it still funny. I mean if the jokes have been replaced with 'jokeoids' then that will be the thumbs down to me. I read the guide whenever I feel down and it brings me back up cos I laugh. I mean ok there is alot of stuff there that I'm not so dismayed at being missing (hell I've got my books and videos if I miss em that much) but the point remains. Also he does make a good point that just cos Douglas Adams did write bits doesn't mean they are good.

Anyway!!! I'll get back to you all in a few hours when my fears have been either confirmed or destroyed.

Thanks Jim

Post 76

there are a few comment type things which I missed, they do have GPP doors, southend is replaced by somthing equaly as funney. the zaphod thing isn't required at _all_, the earth guide was missed, so was the return by the vogon captin about his calous exterier ect. but I await the DVD as it _was_ a film of 100 minuets, disney funded and some things had to get cut for time, I would have personaly cut the crab for more guide entries, but it's been done to include a lower comedy pice, plus perhaps because they spent so much time doing that one pice they felt they couldn't cut it.

But just because bits are missing from the book dosn't make it a bad film, just not a book with the pages being turned every 40 seconds.

Thanks Jim

Post 77

Baron Grim

28.5 hours till I get to see it. smiley - wahsmiley - ermsmiley - magicsmiley - run

Thanks Jim

Post 78

smiley - hug

Thanks Jim

Post 79

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

23 hours 15 minutes and counting

Thanks Jim

Post 80

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

at least 3 month ....

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jim Lynn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more