This is the Message Centre for Smelter

Heya...

Post 1

Vip

So, you're here under orders from our beloved Z?

Vip x

Heya...

Post 2

Smelter

Not quite. Z was one of the first to give me a hand to get started here. Still finding my way around.

So Vip x, any relation to Tip x smiley - winkeye

Heya...

Post 3

Vip

It's a contraction of my name, Very inportant Princess. It is such an pretentious name that I don't have it written out these days. A few people call me Princess, but very very few. Now I'm just plain Vip. Much nicer. smiley - smiley

So, how are you getting along?

Heya...

Post 4

Smelter

Well my progress is a bit like a steady plod.
There is a lot of trivia here, not as though I have a problem with that, (I got chatting to a 16 year old with a fetish for Smarties) but I am looking around for meaningful conversations.
I found an interesting thread on west African drumming which I'm into, having just bought my second drum last week.

Speaking of names mine came about from a little enterprise I have called the Grafik Smelting Company which is a play on the name of a real company called the Electronic Font Foundry who create fonts for DTP work.
It's a shame you can't load pictures up on this site. I'm a player of the stone puzzle www.thestone.com (free puzzles on the home page if you want to have a play) of which there is a rouges gallery of the players at www.goto.uk.com/pebble
It would be nice to see who I get chatting to around here.

Heya...

Post 5

Vip

It's a strange place, for sure, and there is a lot of trivia. Not sure why, but you seem to have to sift through a lot more 'four letter word posings only!!!' and the like to get to better conversations. But hey, life. There are conversations around. Askh2g2 has some, as does HowDoI? occasionally.

As for people, just have a wander. Most people are more than happy to talk to you, just leave a message on their Space. It's always fun meeting new people, though I'm getting a bit lax these days (that made me sound like an old-timer! I've only been here 18 months!).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smelter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more