This is the Message Centre for Cyzaki

Exams!

Post 1

Cyzaki

Number Theory and Cryptography tomorrow.

Partial Differential Equations on Wednesday.

Help me!

smiley - panda

Exams!

Post 2

dim26trav

sorry, I'm the one that neds help adding 1+1. Ask me about history and I can go on and on but math stumps me

Exams!

Post 3

Pimms

smiley - goodluck
(I don't see how I can be much more use than that smiley - winkeye)

Exams!

Post 4

kbrtiata

smiley - cheerup
smiley - goodluck
All you could do is now to SLEEP WELL smiley - winkeye

Exams!

Post 5

Cyzaki

I had a good sleep and now I have a few hours before my first exam this afternoon. Luckily I find Number Theory and Cryptography quite easy, and I know more-or-less everything I need to, so this exam shouldn't be too bad. It's the one on Wednesday that we're all dreading!

smiley - panda

Exams!

Post 6

dim26trav

Well since I am -8hrs GMT time I guess those exams are now over and I hope you did well on them.

Exams!

Post 7

Pimms

Wednesday is still a couple of days away. Hope the Number Theory and Cryptography exam went well anyway.

smiley - zen

Exams!

Post 8

E G Mel

Hope today's one went ok.

As for the partial differentials, just practice, practice, practice, and smiley - goodluck

Exams!

Post 9

Cyzaki

The exam today went well smiley - biggrin There was one question that went horribly wrong, but only the best 4 questions out of 5 are marked anyway, so it doesn't matter smiley - biggrin

PDEs will be horrible, as none of us understand any of it, due to rubbish lecturers who assume we know things that we don't, and assume we've all done other modules that aren't compulsary. It's gonna be a fluke if I do well in that one!

smiley - panda

Exams!

Post 10

E G Mel

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/AllBrowsers/2415/PartialDerivsIntro.asp

Have a look here and if you're still having trouble have a hunt on the internet for other such sites.

Or get a book from a library, they are fairly straight forward once you've got your head round the basics, it's just getting them to click.

smiley - goodluck

Exams!

Post 11

Cyzaki

Thanks, but that site is about partial derivitives, rather than partial differential equations. And books won't help if the exam is set by the same lecturer who wrote the module (which it is) as I know people who've used books that taught a different way of doing things, which they used in the exam and then they didn't do very well at all because the lecturer wanted the method from the course used.

I'm just gonna do my best and keep my fingers crossed!

It'll all be alright in the end, it always is smiley - biggrin

smiley - panda

Exams!

Post 12

E G Mel

OK, in that case just keep doing the past papers if they've given you any!

Exams!

Post 13

Cyzaki

I never do actual questions the day before an exam as I always get them wrong and it makes me depressed!

I'm just trying to learn all the horribly long equations and remember when you use each one... smiley - erm

smiley - panda

Exams!

Post 14

Cyzaki

Right, well, the PDEs exam lived up to all my worst fears. It was hard, but I think I could have done OK except for...

The mistake in one of the questions. I spend 30 mins trying to do a question which was actually impossible. Then the lecturer came round and corrected the question on all our papers. We didn't get any extra time, and it affected all the other questions I did because it had completely thrown me smiley - sadface

smiley - panda

Results...

Post 15

Cyzaki

I got 87% in the Number Theory and Cryptography exam! It was the second highest mark (my housemate got the highest - 92%)! Go me! smiley - biggrin

smiley - panda

Results...

Post 16

E G Mel

smiley - applause

Well done!

Results...

Post 17

Cyzaki

Thanks smiley - smiley

Now I just have to hope that I passed PDEs...

smiley - panda

Results...

Post 18

Pimms

Well done

Results...

Post 19

Pimms

I meant of course smiley - applause Well done (tired after return from smiley - ski holiday&gtsmiley - winkeye

Woohoo!

Post 20

Cyzaki

I got 59% for PDEs! I'm soooo relieved!

smiley - panda

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cyzaki

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more