This is the Message Centre for Moving On

I've just

Post 1

Moving On

About had enough.

Here I am, 1.35am hunched over the PC and I'm absolutely copulated off to the last

I've just had an interview with the police.

I'd gone to bed about 11.00 but the morphine isn't working, even double dose, so I decided to come back downstairs, and down a large V&T to see if I could get some form of ease from the Back that way. Its been playing up like a femlae dog this last week; when I'd gone out earlier this evening the damned thing went into spasm to the extent I actually blacked out for a few seconds.

So I've not had a good day pain wise, already. Social wise, yes.

I certainly didn't expect to have a >Blurt< on the intercom and a rather official voice ask if First Middle Last name lived here and did I own a fiat car?

"er... yes?"

"Was it blue"
"Er...it was. Why?"

Anyway, the upshot was that - OK, its a little car; fair enough. Its not shiney new paintwork, but its - OK, it *was in good nick. No dents, bumps, scratches. It got me from A to B and has been sheepishly used as a taxi service by the lads and half the Hernia Bay population that comprises of their mates

Some little angels had turned it over onto its side out of the parking bay and into the middle of the road.

Fortunately, as its in a side road, there was no traffic to dink into it. I grabbed a gillet to put over my pyjamas and lurched down to the car with the copper, and he and his colleagues (and small tho it is, it took 5 of em!) to get it back onto its 4 wheels, and since I was a bit over the eight, reparked it for me.

Damage? Smashed wing mirrors, and from what I could see a bit of minor scratch work on the drivers side. As its an old tatty car, I can probably sort out the spray job myself...and a wing mirror isn't difficult to mend/replace.

My Winged cat and magic wand I have on the parcel shelf at the back is rather bent too.

But honestly, its icing on the cake of an absolutely crud week

One day I might look back and laugh about this; I must have looked quite eccentric, meandering down the street with a brown furry hooded gillet and a pair of babypink 'jama bottoms peeking out

But if I find the little smiley - bleeps who did this, I can promise you they won't be laughing one little bit.

The Law's an ass...but there's still a rudimentary form of justice around here that still works. I hope.

Just find me one of them and put them in a small room with just me and my stick, and I'll show them blasted justicesmiley - grrsmiley - steamsmiley - grr

I've just

Post 2

Moving On

Show me the little and I'll make em eat the bloody bill for getting the drivers door panel refurbishment which might enable the blasted electric window to crank the window up and down, as well

There's no *visible damage, but I opened my drivers window, and when I came to put it back up, the mechanism failed. So now the car 's driver's window is swathed in bubble wrap and ducking tape to

(a) keep the weather out (because there's a LOT of weather about today

and

(b) feebly attempt to prevent potential thieves from nicking the car - an open windows an invitation to steal

Mind you, as Youngest says, the cars so old and unfashionable, no one in their right mind would want to nick it. He's right there

But it won't prevent the little sods and halfbrained begrudging morons from inflicting further damage on it just for a laugh. For kicks.

Honestly, if I could pack up and find an island somewhere away from PEOPLE I bloody well would

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more