This is the Message Centre for Moving On

Room for London Autumn meet

Post 1

A Super Furry Animal

Hi Evadne

I've deliberately held back from offering room to people for the meet so far - waiting to see who's coming - but as it seems so few people are actually signing up, you can take my spare room if you like. In the past I have tried to accommodate people who have a long way to travel (Scotland, Germany) who are unable to afford both flight and hotel, thus facilitating more people attending the meet. Doesn't look like this is going top be a major factor this time around...smiley - sadface

Anyway, you're welcome to it. It's clean, has a bed, and the lift in my block of flats work. You'll also get a Reddyfreddy breakfast thrown in for free, gratis, nothing.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 2

Moving On

That's really kind of you smiley - biggrin

- I'll trade you a decent free gratis and for nothing breakfast for a decent bottle of wine. I can manage the coach to and from London alright, but I don't think I could face the train journey from Croydon to London and then a 2 hour coach journey as well, so if its OK with you.... smiley - ta

smiley - somersault

Post 3

A Super Furry Animal

Me? with smiley - redwine? No no no ma'am, you've got the wrong guy!

But seeing as it's a gift, how could I possibly refuse? smiley - biggrin

Yes, you can come and view my own personal Millennium Dome from my balcony. Let me know your journey plans - you're perfectly welcome to come and stay the whole weekend, if you want.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 4

Moving On

Coo!

That'd be champion RF - and all joking aside, make the travelling a heck of a lot easier for me, too. When I go and visit another h2-er "for a day", I usually go up on the Friday, paint the town red with her on the Saturday and drive back home on the Sunday. But she lives far north of the Thames, and easy to get to by car. I don't fancy London Driving any more!

If you're absolutely certain I wouldn't be putting you to a lot of trouble, I'd love to take you up on the offer.

Thanks ever so much!

I'll check up the coach times (Victoria) and let you know my schedule - I *think the coach back to H/Bay leaves there about noon on Sundays, but I'll confirm that sometime later, if that's OK? P'raps you'd drop your email to thewitchery@msndotcom, so I can let you know without jamming up the threads

Post 5

A Super Furry Animal

Check yer email! smiley - biggrin

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 6

Moving On

I will do - but my PC's as slow as the black snail; probably something to do with a slightly second hand edition of Windows that Microsoft keep hectoring me to replacesmiley - steam

I'll get round to it, honest I will. But currently there's the pressing need to pay rent, eat and so forth. The Council (despite pressure from my local MP) isn't exactly hurrying themselves to reinstate my Housing Benefit, and the DLA are digging their heels over a decision, still, after a year.

Situation normal, reallysmiley - winkeye

If it hasn't arrived by tomorrow, I'll let you knowsmiley - smiley

Oh - and thanks again!

Post 7

A Super Furry Animal

Hey, no worries!

If I don't hear from you over the weekend...I'll do something. I'm not sure what yet.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 8

Moving On

Fairynuffsmiley - magic

The Pc's really beggering about - it keeps dying on me, so I'll have to call it a night before the damn' thing explodes permanently.

If needs be, I'll hi jack Sue the Computor's machine for a while, when I see her tomorrow. She's good like that.

Enjoy the Bank Holidaysmiley - smiley

In the meantime, if I see large clouds of smoke over Greenwich way, can I safely assume it's not my mothers' oven on the blitzsmiley - biggrin

Post 9

Moving On

Email donkey has apparently gone on strike, which is a drag, but there you are. Haven't got any details re the coach times yet, but thats beside the point!

Post 10

Moving On

Er...RF? Still no email - the Post Donkey's obviously sulking. I've found a yahoo adress of yours by trawling the knickerlegs of the threads, - could you check if mine got thru, please?

Otherwise we'll have to resort to Plan B

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more