This is the Message Centre for Moving On

Hi Witchone :-)

Post 1

Post Team

I have found you now smiley - smiley

Until we found a way to help you with file saving/sending etc, I think the easiest way for you to pass your poems on is to create them on an entry page here at your space.

If you click on the 'Add Entry' button a nice blank page will appear - similar to when you write in your journal. Type in your poem, using the 'Enter' button to create sentence breaks as normal, then click 'Add Guide Entry'. Let me know when you have done this - the style won't be brilliant, but it means I can drop by, pick it up and put it into GuideML for you. I'll then send you the correct format through with instructions how to do the next time using the original as a template. smiley - ok

shazz smiley - thepost

Post 2

Moving On

Sounds good to me - thank you for your patience. I'll get the lads supper and stuff in the house done first (just got it from a new job whic is absolutely knackering me - thats non poetic for very tiring!)
and then I'll have a whizzle through the Word bit of my PC - if I concentrate hard enough I may be able to cut and paste stuff into my journal space. Once I'm certain I've done that right ("I may be some time....") I'll send you another message in this bit of the thread and you can take it from there. Thanks again for offering to do all the hard work. Now I've started this rottern job I can't get to as many computor classes as I'd like, and I seem to have come to a bit of a halt on my learning curve pro tem... not so much as a curve as a wriggle, really. Catch u later smiley - witchone

Post 3

Post Team

Good idea smiley - smiley

A word of warning though... use wordpad or notepad rather than the full-blown Word program - that seems to do very strange things to comma's like changing them into strings of gobbledegook. smiley - winkeye

It sounds as if you have your hands full with the new job and 2 kids, so don't knock yourself out trying to do this, just fit it in when you can and drop a note back in here.

I'm sure that you'll get to grips with using the pc, internet and h2g2 fairly quickly - everything I know on the subject I learnt in here. smiley - ok

shazz smiley - thepost

Post 4

Moving On

Ah.... I transferred from Word to Journal BEFORE I read your message - Whoops! Actually, apart from the spacing, they haven't come out too bad, considering. The capial letters are obviously the titles. Hope they give you a grin or at least a sour smile - and please don't feel you have to use them. I have around 200 of these written from age 17(ish) up to the presnt day all stuffed in a portfolio entitled "The Story So Far (or poems to put your head in a gas oven by)"

Anyway, see what you think and enjoy the rest of your week. Me? I'm praying for Friday and the tip in!

Post 5

Post Team

I like them smiley - smiley

I'll format the first one and send it over to you so you can see how it works - then you will have a template to work from if you so wish. smiley - ok

shazz smiley - thepost

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more