This is the Message Centre for Moving On

Passed the sell-by date?

Post 1

Teuchter

Hello Witch One!

Enjoyed your journal entry about sell by dates - I think my own use-by date is coming galloping over the horizon to meet me. smiley - biggrin
We really need a peri-menopausal smiley on this site - it would have so many applications!
I've been struggling along with tired ovaries myself for quite a while and have frequently wished to come back as a cat 'next time' - but think I'll skip the fighting bit though and go straight to pampered-pet status. smiley - cat
I've found some herbal stuff which helps me quite a bit - sort of levels things out and stops the night sweats and paranoia. smiley - zen
The down side is that I suspect this same stuff is giving me wrist and hand problems. Suppose I'd better be sensible and consult a medical herbalist.
I also identified with your maternal angst - got three myself, at various stages. They all worry me senseless at times - and it's my eldest too who seems least equipped to deal with life. And we thought it would all be plain sailing once we got them potty trained and sleeping all night!

Passed the sell-by date?

Post 2

Moving On

Yeah... so did I! Ah well, look on the bright side. By the time they present us with grandchildren we'll at least be in a position to hand the little darlings back at the end of the day. But not right now, Per-Lees, lads.

I find 6 whacking great tablets of Evening Primrose a day does the trick to a certain extent with the night sweats and PMT - the only time I know I'm due is if I fancy a bar of chocolate now. No other side effects that I'm aware of. I am still going through reverse adolescense emotion wise which the detatched bit of me finds amusing and the rest of me takes personally on occaision. Whether thats "hormones" or just me is anyone's guess - but I put it down to hormones rater than take responsibility for when I get insecure or waspy... much easier. I do like the phrase maternal angst, it's a cracker. smiley - cheers off now for an aqua arobic class. Talk again soon - I'd like to know which herbal stuff you're taking re hands and wrist problems. Not cos I think I can DO anything, I'm just nosy!

Passed the sell-by date?

Post 3

Teuchter

Hi Witchone
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. RL has been preventing me from getting access to the pc as per normal.
Re the herbal stuff I was taking for peri-menopausal symptoms - I'm still taking the Black cohosh and I find that keeps me on an even keel emotionally. I've stopped the other stuff because it seemed to tie up with my wrist problems - it contained agnus castus, and a few other things + various vitamins and minerals. My wrist is much better - think I've probably had a peripheral neuropathy caused by having 400% of the rda for Vitamin B6.smiley - yikes Unfortunately, the night sweats are back with a vengeance! smiley - weird

Sorry to hear you're having a battle with the old avoir-du-pois. Just you keep doing what seems right to you. It's not what the scales say, it's how you feel about your body and whether it lets you do the things you want to do in life.

How are Fred and Barney? My little darling, affectionately known as Wee Merde, is worrying the bejasus out of me at the moment - A s levels! And very little studying being done.
Hope to hear from you.

Passed the sell-by date?

Post 4

Moving On

Well hallo yourself! Nice to hear from you. It should - in theory be safe enough to mix Evening Primrose with Black Cohosh - try it, if the sweats get too too much.... Yeah, the weights a bitch - I don't care what the scales say, but I am jacked off because last years summer togs don't meet around my waist - I stopped smoking last September, and because my back is so crook lately, I haven't been able to do as much active stuff as I used to -its a lousy combination. Trouble is, I feel fine about myself - I "feel" about 4 foot and a fag end and tiny and really great. Then I catch sight of myself in a shop window's reflection - 5'5" and
solidly built. Not huge, but, as young Fred would call it "hench" - I carry hell of a lot of muscle as well as the extra dress size.
So in an atempt to help the back feel less agonizing as well as save myself a fortune in replacing my summer wardrobe I am attempting to diet. Its hard work as I like my bulk to hide behind - lots of "thinking" going on trying to re-sort the old body image. Still, if I can break a 25yr smoking habit, I reckon I should, in theory be able to sort my head out together with lax eating habits.

Wee Merde, eh? What a lovely moniker. Do I hear a hint of Northern Irish in your note, or Scottish? Me, I'm south English Brit, common as muck and politically incorrect. Fred and Barney are actually being surprizingly civilized - its quiet sergeant, probably too damned quiet. Fred is doing his GNVQs and other exams and like Wee Merde hasn't done much revision... still, he's got a bit of direction now, and has applied for an Electricians course at the local college. He's a hands on lad, being dyslexic slightly - a doer rather than a thinker sort of thing. Anyway, have to go now, can smell the Chicken burning, so it may well be time to serve up Sunday Dinner. Keep in touch!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more