This is the Message Centre for Moving On

hello there

Post 1

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

Hello there.
I noticed your a new member of h2g2 and like we all do at first find it hard,
If you want some ideas on your page and journals feel free to check out my home page. and use the links provided.
welcome to h2g2 hope you find it funsmiley - smiley
must get back just about to start a new journalsmiley - biggrin
take care.

smiley - angel..Angel..smiley - angelsmiley - peacedove

hello there

Post 2

Moving On

Hallo there back! Thank you for your welcome and for inviting me to your site - I shall be scavenging pictures off you at some point, if I may. I think I'm going to enjoy it here on H2g2 - everyone is so friendly and.. oh joy, intelligent enough to hold conversations with real words instead of this horrible text speak. And I've even learned how to do smiley - smileys already!

Look! smiley - witch One xxx

hello there

Post 3

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

Hi there, smiley - rainbow

Im sure you will enjoy your time that you spend on h2g2,
It is a friendly place and always someone happy to help if you need it.smiley - smiley
Some useful links that will help you make your home page how you want it.

first the Guide ml will be a good place to start, to help you understand how to add your pictures etc A660340

also the guide ml clinic at A719840

spiceing up your page A690518

then you can choose the selection of h2g2 pictures that you would like to put on your page.
you will find these here A850312

Its nice to see you have already mastered the h2g2 smileyssmiley - smiley
they are preetysmiley - cool arnt they smiley - biggrin

smiley - angel..Angel..smiley - angelsmiley - peacedove

hello there

Post 4

MaW

I find they're very pretty, but also more than a little on the insane side smiley - smiley Why do we need a smiley - sheep after all - although it is extremely cute.

Just dropped by fairly randomly anyway Witchone, I like what you said about meditation and fluffy clouds. For me it's never like that either, thankfully! If I go anywhere when I'm meditating I usually get rained on (but the clouds aren't fluffy. Fluffy clouds never rain, did you know that?)

My fault for visualising rainforests I suppose.

I'm curious about Reiki, I've run into a couple of people on Pagan forums who are qualified Reiki healers, but haven't really got quite what it's about yet. Perhaps you can help to explain.

hello there

Post 5

Moving On

Gawd! NOW You're asking! I wrote a massive screed of pure dingo's kidneys until I came up with the bright idea of finding my Reiki One folder I was given when I was attuned (Had a reiki symbol put into my aura) I'll quote from that, as I find it rather difficult to explain "verbally". Reiki just IS!

"Reiki is made up of 2 Japanese Words - Rei = "Spiritual Wisdom" and Ki =The Life Force (or, I imagine, energy)
"Reiki is: Love and Healing - and should be free from any dogma or religion.
It is: Availiable to everyone - regardless of race creed or belief.
It is: The Restoration of Balance and Harmony -and as such is regarded as a complimentary therapy that works in harmony with all other forms of healing.
It is: Healing others, but healing oneself, too"
If I'm honest, I chose to be a Reiki because I used to get so tired when I did any healing - I cannot channel, so I was using my own energy With Reiki, you can just "turn on", utilize the Universal Energy and then "turn off" with no tiredness or drainage to yourself. Hope this goes some way to answer your questions smiley - smiley And now I'm off to have a look at your page, cos I'm nosy

hello there

Post 6

Moving On

Oh boy! Did I enjoy your comments on Neo Paganism. Yes !!! Its not that I'm not a pagan its just that I can't be doing with what I call the Beans and Lentils Brigade. For me, healing is normal, occaisionally seeing - fo want of a better word - ghosts is normal. The last one I saw in a pub I was working in. I was just finishing tidying the bar whena chap walked in, and strode up to the bar and I merely said "Sorry sir, bar's closed now"
So he strode out. It wasn't until afterwards it occured to me he'd walked through the walls both times and was wearing a frock coat and tricorn hat! (I know we get a lot of tourists round here, but not that sort) At the time it seemed... well... normal. It always has done. So when I meet the "fluffy" ones, the ungrounded or the terribly intense - or even worse, there seems to be a brand of dogmatic pagans floating around lately, a very frightening thing - I get a bit miffed and tee'd off. After a while I just laugh and say "Let 'em get on with it"
What else is "normal" - "knowing" where my clients hurt before they point the place out.... sometimes "seeing" bits of their traumas whilst I'm massaging them (doesn't happen often, but its fascinating when it does.) Oh, all sorts - stuff I take for granted is "normal" and then am told - usually by my highly developed witchy mates "No,
not everyone can do that". One day - like learning to spell big words, I might try and learn a bit more. But not today!

Lucky old you to be able to visualize - I can't do that atall! I often wonder if thats because my eyes are so poorly sighted - (minus 7 - minus8) I usually have my specs off when I do meditate, so if I can't "see" in the material world, I probably can't see in the one I go into! It Feels smells, tastes and sounds OK wherever it is.
It certainly could account for why I don't see unicorns and pink fluffly couds!! smiley - smiley

hello there

Post 7

MaW

It's not your vision, mine's absolutely dreadful and I don't have any problems!

Fluffy pagans do tend to irritate me a bit, so I just try not to get involved, stops me doing things I shouldn't. And yes, that's not exactly normal stuff, although I've seen a few things that wouldn't be considered to be normal either. I'm not sure many people would consider me to be in possession of all my faculties if I told them that I've been to a different place that's not really part of this physical world, and had conversations with entities I met there, but as far as I'm concerned they're the ones missing out. Out-of-body experiences don't just have to happen when you're almost dead, after all.

One of the other things I tend to take for granted is a certain sense of precognition. Apparently it's now been scientifically proven by someone (who not many people actually believe) that most humans start reacting to some kinds of event *before* they actually happen. This makes some kind of sense to me, as I don't really see time as an immutable flow, it's more like a river, and if you drop a stone in a river you cause ripples both up and down stream (although not many of them flow upstream, perhaps why we don't know everything that's about to happen before it happens, that'd be boring wouldn't it). But I can frequently feel some things before they happen, like a sudden growing sense of alarm or apprehension. This is usually followed shortly afterwards by the fire alarm going off, or the phone ringing, or someone coming to the door. Or a traffic accident.

I could try and explain it in terms which completely exclude the possibility of actual precognition, but I'm not going to because I don't believe that explanation would be the way it really is. And if I can do that, why shouldn't you be able to see other people's pain? For that matter, why shouldn't I be able to learn how to do it as well?

I don't know if you'd agree with me on this, but one thing I notice a lot of new pagans are all enthusiastic about is what they'll be able to do with spells and finding out of they've got any 'special gifts' like telepathy. With most who stick around it tends to fade off after a while, but although I'm not a particularly experienced witch myself, it does seem that although people have all this initial enthusiasm about things that are straight out of fiction, what waits for them to discover is that what really happens is in many ways even stranger. It's not seperated from life at all, you don't need to cast a circle and call the elements and the Goddess and God and go through all that business to cast a spell or learn something, you don't need to go through a load of rituals to get a glimpse into the future. You just need to learn to pay attention!

This is one of the reasons I call myself a hedge witch instead of a Wiccan, Wicca involves too much formality and ritual for me, and although I'll use those forms sometimes, most of the time I find it simply isn't necessary. Besides, I'm far too spontaneous to prepare for such things in advance smiley - smiley Instead, I just tend to grab whatever's handy and put it to use. All I really need is myself.

And I'm going to stop there before I launch into a rambling diatribe about the nature of magic, personal power, Divine power, elemental power and so on and so forth.

hello there

Post 8

Moving On

Oh goody, I think I may have met a kindred spirit here - if you'll excuse the fluffiness. My word yes, I agree ith a lot of what you're saying - and thank goodness I'm not the only one. (sometimes you Do wonder a bit if you're in a club with just the one member...) Even my older witchy mates tend to go in for ritual and getting the right day and phase of the moon and stuff. If I waited around for all that I'd never get much done (actually, not that I DO... I just like to Heal. The only reasen I took the Aromatherapy Diplomas was becasue "ITEC Dip" behind my name looked a damn sight better than "I don't know exactly why, but if I put my hands on you you'll probably feel a lot better afterwards"!!! I don't know if I could even call myself a hedge witch, really, just someone who's interested. I got called witch by one of the school mums years ago because I was knocking out shampoos that got rid of the kids head lice.... It's more a joke than a statement, but its stuck. I like herbs and headology and Terry Pratchet.... now THERES a man who understands "The Craft!!!"

Please feel free to diatribe whenever you feel the need. Pleasure reading and writing to you

hello there

Post 9

MaW

Indeed a pleasure! Witchcraft to me is not about formality and (dare I say this?) dogma, it's about doing things. Last time I properly went walking in the park (too long ago thanks to my Uni work) I wandered around picking up sticks and long stems of grass and ended up working them into a spell which just came to me there on the spot, like it needed doing. And it was good. Why should everything have to be preplanned and timed to go with the moon phases anyway? Where I live, I can't really go outside to work in the light of the full moon anyway, so I honestly don't notice moon phases all that much in my magic. Neither do I believe that you shouldn't do magical work on Sabbats or anything like that. I don't bow to the will of the Goddess, I try to live in harmony with the forces of nature, in which the Goddess is of course included. I do believe in Her, I've met Her, but she did not require worship from me, so it would probably be rude to give it.

I only really say that because there are some paths on which worship of the Goddess and God appears to be the sole objective, rather than actually making a positive difference. Since, in my worldview, we're all part of the Divine anyway, it'd be akin to blindly worshipping ourselves. Respect, certainly, forces more powerful (and less powerful) than yourself, but I wouldn't call anything I do worship. My will is subservient to nobody else's smiley - smiley

Gargh, ranting again. If this is getting boring, please say. I've been thinking even more than usual about this stuff recently, because one of my housemates got baptised today (making a total of five Christians, two atheists and one hedge witch in the house). And that kind of thing makes you think about your own faith - well, I find it does anyway.

hello there

Post 10

Moving On

What an interesting household you have... do the athiests join in with both sets of festivals, as anyone with a tad of sense would do!
No, you're not boring me, just making me nod enthusiastically and say "Uh Huh" "Yep" and "Right". If you're in the Nottingham Area then I may well know a lady who'd be just up your street. She teaches Psychic Awareness and is as blunt and down to earth as, um... A********s. No floaty floaty stuff with this woman. Are you anywhere near Eastwood? If so - and if you're interested in joining her circle, let me know, and we'll figure out a way of getting her details to you. Its so nice to have what I think articulated clearly - witchcraft IS about doing and being rather than ritual (although they do have their place. Sometimes its nice to don a metaphorical "posh frock" and do it formally)

Anyway, time to take another jaunt down to the beach and hurl stones into the sea for a while. Nothing estoteric, it's just a fun thing to do. Sometimes I even manage to hit the sea....

Have a nice week smiley - smiley

hello there

Post 11

MaW

Hmm, that might be interesting, hang on and let me check a map.

smiley - run

I can probably get a smiley - bus out there.

And I'm glad you agree with me, as we determined at the Freedom From Faith Foundation we generally have more respect for the views of others if they correspond with our own, and we like people more if they agree with us. That seems quite obvious I guess, but we talked about it anyway.

The atheists don't join in at all really! The usual secular British version of Christmas and Easter I guess, but were all university students so we tend to go home for those. The Christians pay more attention to Christmas and Easter than the non-Christians, and I'm the only one who really pays any attention to Pagan festivals, although sometimes my housemates are politely curious. I don't celebrate them with anyone though.

Have fun at the sea. I've got a seaside spell I want to try, but that means I need to get to a beach first...

hello there

Post 12

Moving On

Could always post you a handful of sand and a few shells if that'd help! My friend from Eire still occaisionally posts me large envelopes of ... shell pieces, feathers, small snippets of whatever herb is in seasen on his land. Pictures he's drawn, ideas and bits of poetry he's written. And since he's found a mate with a PC a rather strange collection of pictures depicting the making of fushia wine and consumption of said brew. Went to the beach and its crowded with tourists and catskiers. Decided to crack open a bottle of wine instead. Slainte!

hello there

Post 13

MaW

You could send me some wine... that'd be very nice smiley - drool

hello there

Post 14

Moving On

At 8.55AM???!! Deary me, you ARE a student! Sorry Maw, the smiley - redwine
is already 2ndhand, whilst the lads and I diligently suffered the National IQ test last night. I got 113IQ, 'Fred' 98, and Barney, cocky little beast got 120 - and he's not yet 16. He'll be a bank manager or supervillian within 5 years. If I don't commit sonocide. Off out to Aquarobics soon - it's good fun and helps the back and hands function for me. I thought I was getting a bit of feeling back in my hands, but they've all all needle and pinsy again. Bugger. Just when I thought it was safe to come out.smiley - smiley

hello there

Post 15

MaW

It wasn't 8.55AM when I wrote that... it was about midnight I think.

What's really good is finding someone else who's as addicted to h2g2 as I am!

hello there

Post 16

Moving On

I can ive it up any time I like... no problem... honestly

hello there

Post 17

MaW

smiley - laugh

Don't kid yourself.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more