This is the Message Centre for Moving On

Death

Post 1

MaggyW

'There's no justice; there's just me' I love those books. I know that Death and the Librarian are everyone's favourite characters...just call me Everyone!

Hello Evadne, nice of you to say hello and how funny about the AstroLion mix up. He'll be back on site in a week or so so I expect he may come over and say hello too.

xx

Death

Post 2

Moving On

Dath isn't my favourite charactor Maggy (tho I love the charactor dearly... such a wonderful mix of naivity and common sense!) - and I don't rate the Libraian atall I'm afraid! Oook doesn't do it atall for me, I'm afraid....nor Rincewind

But they're definately the favourite charactors in the figurines that were made by Clarecraft up in Norfolk, before the business closed....smiley - sadface I've got a lot of Death in his various guises on my shelves. For a skull, he has a remarkably expressive face,somehow.

Give me Weatherwax, Ogg, Agnes (and even Magrat) - or the gloriously cynical Sam Vimes!

Actually... right this moment...give me a smiley - stiffdrink and Evadne Cake's pre cog abilities..please! I have an op coming up on Monday and I'd like to know the outcome before I have it.

Nice to meet you properly - the hiccup was a bit weird, wasn't it?

Astrolion is more than welcome to come and visit me, as well as yourself - all faces and interests welcome
smiley - smiley

Death

Post 3

MaggyW

Oh I love the witches - and Sam Vimes too. The cynicism is marvelous. And the witches are such a wonderful antidote to the New Age fluff-bunnies around.

Sad but 'Oook' definitely does it for me. 'Ook' for some reason simply doesn't.

Rincewind's a bit irritating. But I do like Ridcully...

Re. your op - worth going and posting a prayer request on www.silentunity.org. They're a non-denominational church in the USA and if you ask for prayers they do affirmative prayer for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week for 30 days. I've seen some miracles come out of those prayers in my time...

I've actually been to the chapel and sat in for a few sessions. Amazing stuff.

Good luck - and see you soon smiley - rose

Death

Post 4

Moving On

A bit of extra thought and prayer wouldn't do any harm, I guess, tho I've got a lot of friends' good wishes, already and I'm fortunate enough to have a lot of affection and practical support around me, generally. Still, every little helps!

- I tried putting the address you gave me in the address bit of my PC

(STILL fairly computor illiterate - I can genrally knock sense of a PC but I can never remember the names of all the bit, nor much technical terminologysmiley - erm)

but the link wouldn't play. I'll Google a bit later on; thanks for the suggestion.smiley - smiley

I've seen a fair bit of "healing" whilst I was in Eire - I'm one of those lucky buggers who seem to be able to heal others (well, not me personally,obviously, but I was always quite content to be utilised)

It was suggested to me that any "healer" as such usually had some ailment or another themselves as a sort of reminder to be grounded!

In a strange sort of way, that makes sense to me.....

I sometimes wonder if vibrational medicine will ever be recognised as probably (IMO) the best way forward in medical matters and healing generally.

Trouble is, as you pointed out when remarking on the witches from Pratchett, there are so many Airy Fairy New Agers and well... just plain suggestable people who are looking for a "reasen" or a belief system for themselves, and also, such a diversity of personal philosophies and beliefs that I can't see the methods being accepted by Orthodox Organisations, until the beliefs/thoeries and methods are uniform, as such.

And of course, if they ever *do* become uniform, then we lose sight of the whole Holistic Approach!

A contradition in terms, altogether, eh?

Oh well, philosophy can wait I guess, till another day. I've got to get supper together soon, for me and the lads.

In the meantime, tell us about the Chapel you sat in with; what you saw, and what you thought! Far more interesting than my half formed ramblingssmiley - smiley

Death

Post 5

MaggyW

Oooooo this is my kind of conversation.

(How the smiley - devil are you BTW?)

Wounded healers - yes, there's a point to that. Chiron the centaur represents the wounded healer in 'transiting gravel' astrology - the sort that takes into account any passing speck of dust (prejudiced - moi? smiley - bigeyes)

I think most people come to healing through being wounded...but we're sort of meant to heal ourselves in the process. I'm a qualified healer with two organisations (which means I wasn't a Natural but you CAN learn it) and I see a lot of healers who are a real mess and probably healing others because they don't want to address their own stuff. And a lot of healers who are really good too...

I'll tell you about the chapel when you're back and feeling better smiley - rose

Death

Post 6

Moving On

Hallo!

Alive and kicking and feeling brillaint - I never realised just how much physical pain I was carrying around; but th'op appears to have been sucsessful (touchwood and three times around the dresser, just in case) and the new pain relief regime is working a treatso far.

I feel like a new woman, but where on earth I can find one at this time in the evening, well, I'm not quite sure of the how to go about itsmiley - winkeye

Now, after a lot of tarradiddle, it seems it's just a matter of going back to the Hospital every 4 months or so to have the whole routine repeated to keep the pain under control....no bad thing really,(despite the fact it's not a General Anesthetic<yuk) as it's a good reminder to keep maintaining the "looking after oneself" bit of the deal on a regular basis. The medication helps tremendously, but how I lead my life, and how and when I set my limits is equally important.

It's a hell of a way to learn how to be kind to oneself, I'm telling ya! But then, I've never wanted to learn the easy way, so I amn't complainingsmiley - smiley

I agree with the points about "healers"(be they Natural or Taught) healing others rather than concentrate on themselves - it certainly is Distraction Therapy with capital letters, and when's all said and done; doesn't give much benefit to anyone in the long run, really.

Like you, I've seen a heck of a lot of healers who perhaps could spend their time better by concentrating on themselves a little more, shall we say?

Still. No point in pointing fingers, either - everyone to their own pace, eh?

I stopped practicing Aromatherapy almost as soon as I knew I was unable to do the best job I could - to me, it felt like Practicing under false pretenses.

And I did a lot of stocktaking as such; no point in not taking my own advice to others I feel! It *was Chiron who's connected with that old saw about Physician Heal Thyself, isn't it?

Learning to see objectively is one of the most rewarding tasks I've been set so far; I don't say it's all been fun; but it has been very interesting.

I know I would certainly return to the healing profession once I've nursed myself back some more, but not yet. And possibly not massage, much as I love doing it, and as good as I was.

It may be something as simple now, as simply listening to people and offering feedback (as opposed to advisesmiley - winkeye - it's not for me to do anyone elses's thinking for them), but as long as I *know I am healthy enough to be of some use I'll continue to do it.

When the time is in it, I'll find a way back, I expect!

ANYWAY... tell us about this Chapel, Missus!

Removed

Post 7

TEMPORARY_A-M_ID

This post has been removed.

Death

Post 8

MaggyW

Great to have you back! So pleased about the lack of pain. Being Cancer rising and Scorpio moon I was beginning to worry about you (hopeless, I know...!)

I wonder what went wrong with the moderated bit? I used to work for the BBC so I used to be able to go and see what had been hidden (and could agree or over-rule the decision So it's really odd not to be able to do anything. Sigh.

There was a TV programme last night about healing which 'proved' that it was all the placebo effect. I'm a great fan of the placebo effect myself and it made me feel a lot better about giving healing myself! After all, if it's all the client and not me, I don't have to worry about being rubbish do I? smiley - laugh

The Unity Chapel is a really simple sound-proofed room at the top of the building with comfortable chairs and a HUGE pile of prayer requests printed off on the altar. No crucifix or any religious symbol but the words 'Be Still and Know...' across the wall.

We sit there for half an hour at a time in prayer (always at least two people in case someone falls asleep in the middle of the night!) and it's magical. There's something about a place where no one ever enters except to pray - or to clean smiley - smiley

I once got into the holy prayer room in the great mosque at Kairouan in Tunisia and I just fell on my face in awe at the atmosphere there. It hadn't been entered except for prayer or cleaning in 900 years.

Very different from our churches...

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more