This is the Message Centre for Moving On

HI

Post 1

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Hi there.
Wanted to check to make sure we are OK.
*Thinking of the coping thread where I unsubbed after some discussion.
I hate to spend a lot of time on the topic and I was talking about stuff at the Nation also. I did not want it to drift any more but wanted to clarify my thoughts, then drop it.

I hope I was not offensive, I sure did not intend to be or cut you off. The site has not been very functional for me. All in all ,I was happy to be able to participate a bit this weeksmiley - somersault

I think you are interesting and I appreciate your posts.
smiley - smiley Hope to see you soon.

HI

Post 2

Moving On

Morning Abbismiley - smiley

You? Offensive? Do me a favour! You're one of the least offensive people on this site.smiley - hug I've yet to read anythng you've input that I either haven't nodded in agreement with, smiled (when appropriate, naturallysmiley - winkeye)

or at the very least had a braincell or two tweaked by - to the positive, I might add.

So... think you can take it as a "Yes, we're alright" and a "No - I wasn't offended"

After all, why should I be?

As I said, stem cell stuff makes *me* heave - not anyone else. It's a branch of science that I have appaulingly mixed emotions about - my head says one thing, but my stomach says something entirely different; I simply knew that *I personally* wouldn't be able to debate rationally, and therefore, just *possibly* others wouldn't be able to, either. Had others taken the subject onboard, then I'd have been fine with it, but would elect to just sit back and watch, rather than join in with that bit. As I generally do, on the site!

I'm one of the smile and nod brigade;

I may not always agree with folk, but I don't feel the need to get all upset about it. It's merely a different p-o-v I may or may not agree with, or wish to persue, after all!

It's only when I see uncalled for spitefulness or unwarrented stupidity going on I get a bit gritty toothed - and even then, I seldom waste time getting involved. I usually just say my piece and move on - rather as I have done in another, on going situation on site.(totally unrealted to this one, btw)

It was interesting to see where you were coming from - it never, until then, occured to me how another could view it as something positive rather than my view of "Icky" It certainly gave me food for thought. One day, I may overcome my revulsion of the idea and do some serious research so I can in future MAKE an informed comment. But, for me, not right this momentsmiley - winkeye

Which is what this site is all about, isn't it? Learning - and having a bit of fun, and meeting folks, either over the threads, or e mails, or even - if they're local enough, in RL

I can also see where you're coming from about not mulling the same old points over and over again - once I've said my piece, I too, generally unsub. If I'm honest, I didn't even realise you *had* unsubbed!

I've been quiet on "that" particular thread for a couple of days because the last two postings made me sooo cross - NOT their content, simply the awful situations they described; again, the sheer "injstice" of it all. Ranting and virtual sympathy is not, in my view, going to help the situation/or contribute to the convo. Possibly - and then, *only* possibly, a well thought out comment *may* help shed a new light or solution to them. I'm still trying to think of what I could say without disolving into a heap of useless rant and rhetoric!

As my old gran used to say, a pinch of help is worth a pound of sympathy

I hope I've offered you the reassurance you wanted Abbi. I too enjoy *you* comments, and I hope we'll cross paths frequently in the futuresmiley - smiley

HI

Post 3

Thanks smiley - smiley

"a pinch of help is worth a pound of sympathy"
I have not heard that in a long time! True enough.

The last postings were too RL for me to rehash.
Too much of that around me sadly.

It seems the governments have forgotten why they existsmiley - erm
We have to have special elections to get money for roads,health,education,saftey......
Thought that IS why we paid taxes!
I want to see the books!
I think anybody who successfully runs a household budget could do better.*sigh*

HI

Post 4

Moving On

Then please miss, may I be considered? I agree with all your points Abbi

There's some old saw about "There was no-one to speak for...and lists a world event, which leads to a national event, which eventually ends up with words like

"And then there was me

And no-one spoke up for me, either"

I'll see if I can find a copy of it, if you like

Naw... we're just a damned silent majority; I consider the disabled to be the largest silent majority in the world

And it's not that we can't speak up - no-one wants to hear us.

And if we ever could arrange a demonstration, I have the surreal vision of most of us not being well enough to go, because we can't predict our bad days. Half a dozen on a lurch a their "good day" accompanied by several million sick notes from the others - can you imagine it?

You have to laugh, because you'd weep, otherwise.

I'm rambling - sorry. Painkillers are being slow, today

I'll see if I can find that little story - I think it may appeal to you.

HI

Post 5

I think I have that story on my intoduction U201919smiley - smiley
Check and see if that is it.

HI

Post 6

Moving On

smiley - blush

That's exactly the one I was thinking of (it's on a friend's kitchen wall in my case) I didn't realise *you'd* got it displayed as well!

Yes... it's about right as an observation, isn't it?

I was given a wonderful pome this morning called "warning" by Jenny Joseph. It starts "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple" - do you know it?

For copyright reasens I can't put it on site, but it's a beaut. If you haven't seen it, and would like a bitter sweet smile, I can e mail it over.
smiley - smiley

HI

Post 7

I have read it but do not have a copy.
A close friend just asked me if I had the one about wearing purple!smiley - smiley
I would like it emailed smiley - okThanks

HI

Post 8

Moving On

I'll mail it over todaysmiley - ok

HI

Post 9

Moving On

Should be with you when you start your day. Let me know if it didn't, ok?

HI

Post 10

Got it. Thanks!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post