This is the Message Centre for AshyRaine

Hi Ashley

Post 1

Tonto

Hi Ashley,

I'm one of the ACE's but as you say you are back I guess you have been on h2g2 before. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll give you all the links you need smiley - ok

Other than that, nice to meet you smiley - biggrin

woohoo

Post 2

AshyRaine

Well I haven't been around here for about a year, so it is likely that I might need some assistance. Thanks a lot for whatever help you give!

woohoo

Post 3

Tonto

Well the official greeting is this:

I am one of the site's Aces and it is my job to meet and greet new researchers and make sure that they are ok and can find their way around the site.

A page well worth looking at is the <./>Welcome</.> page. Here you can find out some general information about the guide and links to help pages.

May I also suggest visiting the <./>GuideML-Clinic</.>. GuideML is the computer language that h2g2 uses, and this page will help you to fill your user space with all sorts of neat stuff smiley - cool

If you are wondering how to make the smiley pictures like smiley - biggrin then click on <./>Smiley</.> which will take you to a page which shows all the smileys.

If you are feeling a bit lost then clicking on <./>DontPanic</.> will take you to the help pages, or feel free to ask me by clicking on the reply button below, and I will do as much as I can to help smiley - ok

Hope that answers any queries you have for the moment.

Tonto smiley - cheers

But I'd guess that you know most of that. What may be best is if you tell me if there is anything you are struggling on or want to ask about. Other than that I can give you some links to smiley - cool places that I hang out at on h2g2 smiley - biggrin Your choice!

woohoo

Post 4

AshyRaine

I choose...links to places where you hang out! It'd be nice to meet some of the other researchers smiley - smiley

woohoo

Post 5

Tonto

Rightyo.

The first i will give you is a link to Who's Line is it anyway? There are some quite good games here in the threads at the bottom. They used to be a bit busier than they are now smiley - erm but they are still good smiley - okA518168 I guess it depends if you used tolike the TV program!

Now, what else. This is very busy, it is Ask the h2g2 community and is a good place to go if you have any questions. Lots of researchers are subscribed to it so if you post a question you are sure to get a responce. It is also a lively place to go and add some of your own opinion too. F19585?thread="smiley - bubbly" title="bubbly" class="smiley" src="http://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_bubbly.gif"/>smiley - biggrin That is at F70774?thread=242569&skip=1020&show=20 smiley - ok

Hmm, tell me what you are interested in/do/etc and i'll find you some more smiley - biggrin

Where are you from<?>

Tonto

woohoo

Post 6

AshyRaine

Well..I am interested in music and singing. I am also learning to play guitar. I'm into computer type stuff. I also love sci-fi and fantasy fiction. *ponders* I'm eclectic when it comes to tastes, so I'm not too certain as to what I have a definite love for besides music. And I am from South Carolina, USA. And you?

woohoo

Post 7

Tonto

I'm from Sheffield, UK,

I'll have a look at what you've said and find some links from h2g2 that may interest you. smiley - oksmiley - run

woohoo

Post 8

AshyRaine

hooray! Thanks a lot for your help! *hands you a cookie*

woohoo

Post 9

Tonto

Well I don't know if you have a guitar already but this A996933 might be useful smiley - smiley

For Science fiction, you may want to check out A1035460 and A379569smiley - cool

For music you may want to check out any of these http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/Search?searchstring=music&searchtype=goosearch

Let me know what you think smiley - biggrinsmiley - cheers

woohoo

Post 10

AshyRaine

awesome! Thanks a lot smiley - smiley Hopefully after final exams are over next week I'll have time to do more than read a lil bit!

woohoo

Post 11

Tonto

smiley - coolsmiley - ok

I hope the exams go alright!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AshyRaine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more