A Conversation for A Basic Introduction to Paganism

How do pagans feel about inventing Easter, Christmas and Halloween?

Post 1

The Covenant

Pagans smiley - erm,
How do you feel to have invented Christmas, Easter and Halloween and also many of the relics used throughout Christianity today? And then have a Christian tell you that you are in the wrong, when they have adopted many of your pagan practices of sun, death and idol worship. Even the Trinity itself was known to have existed in pagan cultures worshipping three headed idols all around the world.

Tell me, how does that feel?

smiley - biro The Covenant

Post 2

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I'm not a pgan by any means...but how do Christians feel about the knowlege that, historically, many Christians were not trinitarians?

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

My gut feeling is that the whole country is hurtling into a benevolent form of paganism, without any much awareness. How many crystals, feng shui books do people pay lip service to? Lots of people seem to want these sorts of talismans and would never ever consider going to church.

Post 4

Whenever folk say stuff like 'I'm inspired by nature'...I wonder 'What part of nature, precisely?' The Utah salt flats? The Gobi desert? Mangrove swamps? Generally I think it's a fancy way of saying 'Some landscapes can be rather pretty.'

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

A lot of people don't know what to believe in Ed. They like pretty. They like sparkly. It makes them feel safe. Thats why crystals and 'angelic' stuff are really big business at the moment. There is just as much power in the site of an earthquake or a mud slide, as there is in a tourist beauty spot.

Perhaps people don't like to feel alone, with only scary reality out there? Can I sell anyone a guardian angel?

Post 6

>>Thats why crystals and 'angelic' stuff are really big business at the moment.

And, indeed, the whole god thing. smiley - winkeyesmiley - run

Yeah, sure...it's nice to know that Jesus wants us for sunbeams.

Post 7

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

In answer to your how do pagans feel, perhaps a pagan would step forward to reply....

smiley - run

Post 8

Oh, Jaysus! Do we really want an infestation of druids?

In one of my very first posts on hootoo, I got in big trouble for describing paganism, Wicca etc as 'Dungeons'n'Dragons taken *way* too seriously'.

But I still stand by that. smiley - smiley

And *don't* get me started on 'Native American Spirituality' smiley - rolleyes

Key: Complain about this post