A Conversation for 'ye oLDe tea shoppe'

Hi, is the place for noobs to tell about themselves?

Post 1

Atom_boy

Is it? I havent the faintest :P
Well, anyway; I'm a n00b, and a very good n00b...At least, concerning this site...One friendly Ace has helped me some, and now I am making (a feeble?) attemt to join the society here...

I'm a 18 year old Dutch and just stumbled across this site completely by accident...now I consider myself hooked to this site...smiley - biggrin

Post 2

serenity

hello.
nice to see a new face.
you are more than welcome to come and chat with us. we are a friendly bunch, who are all 'mad'.
if you look for the thread called 'the phoenix bar and tea shoppe 7' then you will find us all there.
pop in and say hello, next time you me you are online. we might not always be there, so help yourself to smiley - tea and smiley - cake. its free on your fist visit, but everything costs smiley - 2cents after that..
you will soon get the hang of how we 'operate'.
see you there.
helensmiley - rose manageress.

Post 3

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

hey 18 year old noob! im an american 18 yearold noob... i think i may have dissed myself... whats a noob? its good to see other teens, everyone here are old farts lol smiley - smiley
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 4

serenity

hi ford.

welcome to our tea shoppe..

im the manageress of this little outfit and i am one of those old farts..smiley - whistlesmiley - somersaultsmiley - biggrinsmiley - nahnah

we are not agist here and welcome all.
but if you intend to insult the older element of out shop, then you will be landed with the washing up for a week..

smiley - racket1smiley - tomatosmiley - snowball

helen smiley - rose

Post 5

Atom_boy

oh my, the washing up, I'd have thought that the old farts would have already seen the benefit of a nice big dishwasher smiley - biggrinsmiley - winkeye

Post 6

Loup Dargent

Naaaah... The nice big diswasher is for us "old farts" use only...smiley - tongueout

smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 7

Atom_boy

Ok, enough about dishwashers then...I, the young n00b will gather the cups and saucers (gee, what a bad spelling, I'm dutch, isn't that strange) and you old farts will put them in the dishwasher then? yesh, very toight!

By the way; is there a special name for non-alcoholic beer in the UK? Here in the Netherlands it's called "Malt bier" bier=beer...But what's the English equivalent. And yes; I like it!

Really toight!

Post 8

mrs santa claus. aka serenity (manageress of the oLDe tea shoppe)

hi atom boy smiley - smiley

you will have to forgive my name change.. ive done something silly and i cant get into 'serenity'.

toight? whats that? is that something in dutch?.

hi loups smiley - fullmoon

smiley - hug how are you keeping? nice to see you still in here. smiley - rofl
there have been a lot of changes of member just lately, its hard to keep track of who is still in here smiley - blue

smiley - rose

Post 9

Atom_boy

Name change forgiven...thats easy :P But what does serenity acually means? I dunno... Toight is constantly said by Goldmember in the movie with the same name! I saw it just before writing the previous post!

natuurlijk zou ik rustig in het Nederlands verder kunnen gaan maar dan begrijpt niemand meer waar ik het over heb

(translation) Offcourse I could continue in Dutch but then nobody would understand a word I'm saying!

Post 10

mrs santa claus. aka serenity (manageress of the oLDe tea shoppe)

hi atom boy.

serenity means.... calmness. cool. tranquility. peaceful.
actually in real life, im nothing like my username..

yes, it would be nice to know what you are saying in dutch. but its something i have very little knowledge of.. its supposed to be easy to understand, but i havent mastered any of it yet..

smiley - rose

Post 11

Atom_boy

Dutch easy?? I've heard a lot about it but never that it was easy! Did you know that dutch served a foundation for Klingon... Apperantly our "G" is a source of inspiration!

Post 12

serenity

you speak klingon as well?????

smiley - rose

Post 13

Atom_boy

If I could it would be nice! but alas, alack... no Klingon for me (yet) I'll just stick to those nice dutch words which are so hard to pronounce (especially by Germans :P...and english) those nice words as "gracht" "scheveningen" etcetera etcetera!!

Post 14

Atom_boy

oh, and the languages I do speak; dutch, english (with bad spelling), german and french...

Post 15

serenity

hi atom.

you seem to be very lingusitic. is it something that comes natural to you.
as for your english spellings, i cant see anything wrong with them. i understand you, so it must be alright.

im afraid that the only language i know, is my old schoolgirl french. which is really enough to get by.

with all of those languages, you could do well with a translation type job. you could earn millions!!!!!

hsmiley - rose

Post 16

Atom_boy

Hi serenity,

Well, i like to believe it comes natural but I've had some good school teachers and I can improvise a bit when I don't know...About a translation type job, it would seem nice yes... but millions? French is by far my worst language...Voulez-vous parler Francais avec moi, pour perfectionner notre connaissance de Francais? :Psmiley - biggrin

Atom boy!

Post 17

serenity

hi atom boy.

oui. je parle acec tu, un petit peu.

but dont expect a deep and meaningful conversation as i cant remember what i was taught at school. and i bet i got that sentence wrong smiley - blue

how are you today?

smiley - rose

Post 18

Atom_boy

tres bien, merci. Et vous?

The weather out here is scalding hot, i'm slowly melting into my chair and waiting until it's time to parteh! A korfbalteammate is goin to benidorm for quite some time, and he decided to trow a party! Time to go look for a ventilator and my bob marley cd!

Post 19

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

ich bein ein berliner

Post 20

serenity

sweet and sour pork with fried rice smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post