This is the Message Centre for Clare

Glory To The Proletariat!

Post 1

Researcher 185550

Thought I might grab your attention smiley - biggrin.

Anyway the reason for posting is, there's someone called Gaia I just met on my Temples page, she's interested in classical mythology (her name's Gaia), she might quite like to meet you. I gave her your U- number. That ok?

Roadkill.

Post 2

Clare

smiley - laugh
Yeah, that's fine. I'd like to talk to her too, she sounds interesting. Where can I find her?

Post 3

Researcher 185550

She has a link to your space. But if you'd like to talk to her straight away, then click on the thread entitled "Temple of Gaiaism". She's in there at the moment. It's on the Temples page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F80272?thread=286763&latest=1 . Hope that works, first time I've done it. Preview....

Post 4

Clare

Cool, thank-you. I'll have a look.

Post 5

Researcher 185550

Indeed. How goes it with you, by the way?

Post 6

Clare

With me goes it well, thank you. How is life in the world of Kamrad?

Post 7

Researcher 185550

It's all good. Though I'm rather attached to kamrad I think I should probably start saying "comrade". Don't want to associate with Soviet Russia.

Post 8

Clare

Hmm. Good point. Camrad? Sounds like a communist from Cambridge, which is what we are. Camerade? A bit feminine, and we're Not going back over that one!

Post 9

Clare

Where are you by the way? You went offline very sudden but now you're here? Are you hiding from someone on msn?

Post 10

Researcher 185550

I think Comrade. That's acceptable.

Post 11

Clare

Boring though. How about Comrade for hootoo, but we can still be Kamrads on msn?

Post 12

Researcher 185550

That sounds good, comrade.

Post 13

Clare

Okay then, comrade.

it looks so weird!

Post 14

Researcher 185550

smiley - laugh

I quite like it, comrade. I think I used comrade first, and developed kamrad first, so kamrad's always felt slightly alien to me.

Post 15

Clare

I remember comrade, comrade. You called me it first time we msned, having been introduced as fellow communists. Can't remember how we got to komrad, but I think Kamrad started as a spelling mistake. I'm getting used to comrade now, it's more normal anyway.

Post 16

Researcher 185550

smiley - laugh

As I remember, kamrad started because your MSN name was "Kamrad (yes that is how you spell it)" .

Post 17

Clare

No way, twas beofer that. I spelled it wrong in a hurry and you spelled it wrong back. I think. smiley - erm

Post 18

Researcher 185550

You can't have spelt it wrong. Because if you spelt it kamrad thinking it was a mistake, then put your name a "Kamrad- yes it is...." then it wasn't a mistake. Even if you didn't know it wasn't.

Post 19

Clare

Hmmmmmm.

It started off as a spelling mistake, because I was the only one who had ever written it. Upon your using it as well, however, it passed into common parlance, and so was added to the dictionary as an alternative spelling for Komrad.

In fact, it is also almost German for 'the bike came' (das Rad kamm), so maybe i could get away with saying twas a subtle pun of some sort smiley - erm

Post 20

Researcher 185550

Oh ok. Well, kamrad is better than komrad. How is it a pun though?

Key: Complain about this post