This is the Message Centre for azahar

Hello

Post 21

YukonWolf

As to Mars, I can just see it through the spruce trees south of my house.
As to the meaning of Mars being so close, it means that it's very close.
Planets orbit in an ellipse as opposed to circles so sometimes they can get very close, in astronomical terms. The Hubble Space Telescope
site (which address I have temporarily misplaced) has an interesting rotating Mars globe for download.
There are a few probes heading there, some looking for life.
"An odd word, Martian. Worn out before anything turned up to claim it."
Re the deepfried bars, I don't know how the chocolate ends up but a spongecake with melted Mars bars over it is very tasty. If messy. Maybe it's a northern chip shop thing, I never encountered them myself in De Cymru a Kernow.
Hmm quatre langues. I'll stop now.

Hello

Post 22

Jane Austin

smiley - whistle

Jane

Hello

Post 23

Jane Austin

Sorry forgot to say Hello Az

smiley - whistle

smiley - biggrin

Hello

Post 24

Jane Austin

Hi Yukonwolf

Yes deepfried mars bars are available here in one chip shop in Puerto de La Cruz, although I must admit to never having tried one, the smiley - cake soaked in melted mars sounds pretty good though smiley - winkeye

Actually I am feeling rather jealous here because it seems so many of you can see Mars (the planet) and I cannot, I have looked from my upstairs balcony, surely it should be visible from here, shouldn,t it?

Love
Jane

Hello

Post 25

azahar

hi YukonWolf,

<>

Ah, okay then, so now I can stop wondering about that!

hi Jane,

Look to the south-east. It somewhere between the spruce and cherry trees and the tall 15th century church steeple. smiley - smiley

az

Mars

Post 26

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Yes, it was smiley - mars and isn't he gorgeous?
Did you see the total lunar eclipse on the 4th May?
smiley - moon=smiley - mars
smiley - ok
Also coming up, is the Venus transit across the Sun. On June 8th. No-one living now has seen this transit. I try to keep my "Upcoming Astronomy Events" entry updated,
A858945
but if I don't have time, then I post regular journals {I am the Muse of Astral Delights}smiley - starsmiley - planetsmiley - ok

Last night there was a fabulous smiley - crescentmoon and Venus alignment, they appeared to "change places" during the daysmiley - erm bet not many people saw that...

As to your original journal, musing on whether it "means anything" about when Mars was so close to the smiley - earth you would be better off asking an astrologer, smiley - winkeye but I do know that my astrologer friends are quite excited about the upcoming Venus/Sun transit, mumbling something about a "Mother Cross"smiley - erm

smiley - flyhiAGBsmiley - peacedove

Venus transit

Post 27

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Just thought you might be interested in this:
http://www.astrologycom.com/venustransit.html

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for azahar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more