This is the Message Centre for Jovive

Rain and Umbrellas

Post 1

Jovive

I was thinking about the devices we use to keep rain off ourselves while trudging the two blocks from our appointed parking spots and the building. Why is it that this device is called an Umbrella here in the States and a Bumbershoot (pardon the spelling but it's not in the dictionary here) in the UK and in other parts of the world. I could understand if these words were related in some way or if one were easier to say and or spell but both are odd words. Must look up and see if someone's covered it. If not, might be a good idea for a guide entry.

Not much else going on. I'm ludicriously behind on work but it's my own fault. I get days when I can barely motivate myself to get a cup of tea much less do anything productive. I've left my day planner in the car (drat!) and I don't think its important enough to go back out in to the rain to retreive. Oh well. I'll just wing it. I know which projects are on fire. I'll do those and if it clears up by lunch, I get it from the car.

Anyway, must run.

Key: Complain about this post

Rain and Umbrellas

More Conversations for Jovive

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more