A Conversation for Hagel - a Dutch Speciality

Indeed!

Post 1

Post Team

You can't move in Holland without seeing hagel. It appears for the flimsiest of excuses these days. smiley - winkeye

Nice entry smiley - ok

shazz smiley - thepost

Indeed!

Post 2

DammedIfYouDo

Having lived in The Netherlands for many years I have celebrated the birth of many a collegue's baby by nibbling half-heartedly at a 'beshuit muisje'.

After the birth of our own son, it was my pleasant 'duty' to go into my office armed with the means to produce and distribute the 'beschuit muisjes' amongst my collegues.

It was only then that I properly appreciated this simple and 'cost effective' tradition.

For a couple of guilders (please pause to respect the passing of the most beautiful currency in the world) I had celebrated with a multitude of people the arrival of my son.

I only wish that we had more of these simple traditions in the U.K.

Indeed!

Post 3

MissCaulker

Does anybody know of anywhere it is possible to buy hagelslag in the UK? I always stock up on it when I visit the Netherlands, but these times are few and far between, and I would love to get hold of some (even through mail order if possible)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hagel - a Dutch Speciality

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more