This is the Message Centre for Alison (ACE)

University tomorrow

Post 1

Alison (ACE)

So, tomorrow I leave for university, 300 miles away smiley - yikes in sunny..no wait, erm, rainy Lancaster. I'm just taking a break from packing my whole life (well it feels like it) into a few bags and boxes to write this.

It's kinda scary, but also pretty exciting, especially as quite a few of my friends went to their universities last week and have sent back emails saying what a great time they're having. Also one of my friends is going to the same uni so at least there'll be someone there I know smiley - smiley

I had to say goodbye to my boyfriend last night which was kinda sad as he'll be so far away (he's going to Southampton - opposite end of the country!!) but although I know I'll miss him like crazy I also know that there's no way we'll forget about each other and I'll hear from him all the time smiley - brave

My mum went to the supermarket this morning and bought me loads of cool stuff (well I say cool - it's like, washing power and stuff smiley - erm but the fact that there's lots of it is cool smiley - biggrin) so I now have tomato soup (apparently there was a special offer - my mum's a sucker for those!) and pasta coming out of my ears!

I may be offline for a couple of days while I settle in a get my laptop connected to the uni network and everything, but I'll have the internet in my room so I'll still be around on hootoo. Not when I'm meant to be working though, of course.... Lol.

And I won't forget my towel! smiley - towel See?

smiley - rainbow

University tomorrow

Post 2

OETZI

I wish you well Alison.

If you were my daughter I would tell you this about HE Geography.

ALWAYS be apolitical. And IF you can detect political bias THEN you can remove it.

You MIGHT think a lecturer has a political stance but Alison I can tell you they will run a mile if your work is bias. That's the secret..all sides of the story.

Oh yes GEOGRAPHY comes from Greek it means earth-picture and a picture paints a thousand words. Geographers use both words and pictures in every form. Graphicacy is important!

University tomorrow

Post 3

Alison (ACE)

Hey thanks for the advice! smiley - ok Will let you know in a few days how I'm getting on smiley - smiley

University tomorrow

Post 4

Laura

From experiance it takes about a week to get the internet. Hope you're managing to avoid fresher's flu. smiley - biggrin You should be having a great time by now, have fun! smiley - ok

University tomorrow

Post 5

Alison (ACE)

I am having a fantatic time!! Freshers' week rules! I've managed to get the internet in my room now, it took 2 or 3 days, so that's quite good. Our college is organising an Austin Powers night tonight so I'm going to have to find something to dress up in for that! Should be fun though!

University tomorrow

Post 6

Laura

Sounds great smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Alison (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more