This is the Message Centre for J

Welcome back

Post 1

J

I arrived on h2g2 in late 2002, shortly after the BBC took over h2g2. At that time, people spoke of the interval with wistfulness... romance, even. I can now say that I've survived a somewhat similar event, though in this case there's much more for the community to feel wistful about. It's been the better part of a year since the BBC decided to dump h2g2, and I couldn't be prouder of this community. The small role I played in the transition convinced me that this will be a successful endeavor.

Speaking of that small role... I had initially expected to serve as one of the interim Guide Editors. However, as the transition took longer than expected, I was forced to give up that hope. With several important deadlines looming, and with my girlfriend (who had been abroad with a temporary job this past summer) due to return, it seemed like I wouldn't have much time for h2g2 after August. Icy North replaced me on the team - an excellent choice - and I'm really excited to witness these Guide Editors in action. They'll be great.

However, in past few months, I've finished some major projects and my the girlfriend and I have amicably parted (still great friends, luckily). So I'll be around, hopefully smiley - smiley I've already started writing my first entry for the new h2g2. Hopefully it will be the first of many.

Welcome back

Post 2

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Well look who's here! This is the first new journal entry to appear on my PS since moving. smiley - smiley

Glad to hear some of your projects have come together, and while I'm sorry to hear you and the girlfriend have parted, I am glad you're still friendly.

Welcome back

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh Jordan, I'm happy that you're back. smiley - hug

Can't wait to read you new guide entry. smiley - boing

Welcome back

Post 4

J

Glad to see you both back. smiley - smiley I'm going to try to finish the entry up tonight, but... well, we'll see.

Welcome back

Post 5

Hypatia

Is it going to mention Ohio?

Welcome back

Post 6

J

It'll be difficult, as Ohio didn't exist as a state for the period this entry is covering. But I'll take that as a personal challenge.

Welcome back

Post 7

Jimi X

Brilliant!

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for J

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more