This is the Message Centre for Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

But I DO mind the Buzzcocks!

Post 1

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Oldschool pop(ish)-punk band the Buzzcocks are going to have a show in Tel Aviv on 15/3.

And I just bought a ticket! WOOHOO!
smiley - wowsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - wowsmiley - divasmiley - wowsmiley - boing

This is gonna be fun!!!
Assuming, of course, they don't go the way of the Pixies, Costello, Devendra Banhart and others, cancelling their visit at the last moment... smiley - erm I don't really want to go into the politics of all this (I haven't written a political journal post in a long time, and I don't intend to make this into one) but the whole boycott thing feels like a trend more than anything else, and an annoying, pointless trend at that.

Me, I just want to see a show.

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

While you're minding the Buzzcocks, I do hope you have fun. smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

smiley - ta I hope so too. Should be a fun show.

Post 4

And it's good that someone intends to mind the Buzzcocks, in case they get distracted and wander off.

Post 5

smiley - laugh
I know they're not that young anymore, but I don't think they're prone to Alzheimer's yet.

Post 6

Well, you never know...

Post 7

smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Vestboy

Why is it that when you are in the doctor's waiting room and there is a poster saying something like "If you think you have Alzheimers [memorise this phone number and] give us a ring?" I inserted the bit in brackets because the seem to mean it, but don't strictly say it.
Why can't they have a little handout you could take with you. Then when you find it in your wallet, purse, pocket, fridge or under the soap keeping the fruitbowl from getting scummy, you can ring the bloomin' number.

Post 9

It's right up there with the posters that say something like, 'Do you have trouble with reading? Call this number...'

Post 10

Heh, nice. I remember seeing some 'We can teach you English' ads as well, all written in English of course...

Post 11

Well, if they weren't written in English, how could you believe their claim to know English and be able to teach it? smiley - tongueincheek Surely that's obvious. smiley - silly

Post 12

Good point.

Post 13

I'm glad you thought so. smiley - cool Everyone else seems to think I'm a loony.

Post 14

Well, of course you are. smiley - cat We're all mad here. smiley - biggrin
What does that have to do with anything, though?

Post 15

Not a lot. I just thought I'd mention it.

Post 16

Fair enough.
smiley - zoom

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more