This is the Message Centre for Wintermute

It's (gonna be) a girl!

Post 1

Wintermute

My wife is expecting our second child. Due date is 4 Aug 2018, which is exactly four years after my first daughter's original due date. And, because we are a little older to be having children (I turn 48 this year, and my wife is only a few years behind me) we decided to do the genetic testing to check for chromosomal abnormalities, which we also did the first time around (also because of our age). To be clear, we wouldn't terminate pregnancy based on the results, but we see the test as a way to prepare ourselves, mentally and emotionally, should they show something isn't as it should be. But one of the pleasant side effects of the testing is that it can tell gender with 100% accuracy, and they will release that information or keep it to themselves based on parents' wishes. And I know some parents don't want to know until birth, but not us. We want to know, to decide a name, and prepare. And it's gonna be another girl! We decided on a name the day we found out the gender.

It's (gonna be) a girl!

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Wow - congratulations! smiley - tea All the best to your wife for as smooth a time as possible. smiley - petunias

I hope you're settling in well to your new home now smiley - ok

It's (gonna be) a girl!

Post 3

Wintermute

Thanks!

Yes, we're settling in here pretty well. I think we're already more settled in here than the last house, since we don't have all those issues. The only problem I'm having now is do I want the 4th bedroom/office to be a home studio, or a place for all my retro computers. We have an 18'x20' shed that has power that I'm considering for my computers, since it'll give me much more room to actually use them smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wintermute

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more