This is the Message Centre for Laura

Things that have happened

Post 1

Laura

I can't think of an interesting journal title smiley - doh, but I thought I'd write a bit about what I've been up to as I don't seem to get online very often.

I've resigned from the ACEs, something I've been trying to do for a while but the computer kept crashing. Basically I've not been doing any ACEing lately so having the badge seemed a bit pointless smiley - smiley.

Offline the nesting instinct seems to have really kicked in. We got a new computer a couple of weeks ago but PSG is far more interested in the new fridge freezer smiley - laugh. Almost every room has its pile of baby things and there's very rarely a time when there isn't wet paint in the house. smiley - smiley The bathroom has no tiles at the moment but that should change Monday.

We also seem self supporting an entire flock of sparrows, there are rarely fewer than twenty five birds in the garden smiley - bigeyes. The current mild weather seems to have tricked the plants into beliving it's spring and the garden's beginning to thrive smiley - biggrin.

Baby is growing nicely and I now have a bump so big that some of my maternity clothes are getting too tight smiley - doh. Only three weeks to go though so hopefully it won't get too much bigger. The head's low down now so I can't go very far from the loo smiley - doh. Baby really doesn't like sudden loud mornings and isn't very fond of mornings either. Generally though I'm doing well for 37 weeks pregnant with nothing apart from the normal niggles associated with being this far on. I do go through a lot of milk though smiley - bigeyes.

I hope everyone's doing well,

Unc

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Even here, nature is confused by the oddly mild weather. One week, temps plummeting to -20 C, and the next topping out at 12 C !!!

It's good to hear that all is progressing nicely, little one and house-wise. And believe it or not, even the perpetual smiley - geek that I am gets distracted by new and smiley - cool home appliances and accessories. smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers and continued good health, Lady.

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Ooo a new fridge freezer?! smiley - wowsmiley - erm hang on... I'm sure there was somethign else mentioned in the journal entry smiley - winkeye Moi? destracted by neet new electrically thinggies? smiley - blush Hope it all goes well and that the wet paint and tiling is all under control before baby finally arrives smiley - yikessmiley - blushsmiley - goodluck So, are you hoping for a nighthoover or a one true BoB? smiley - winkeyesmiley - run

Post 4

Researcher 556780

Awww you bumpy thing you smiley - hug

smiley - magic

Post 5

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Boys will be boys .... tell him to get over here and sort out the dishwasher for my family smiley - winkeye That will keep him occupied.

The way you talk about the sparrows seems enchanting smiley - smiley

At uni my bf had a whole menagerie in his room at one point with squirrels and pigeons at one point i think. I used to also find pigeons in the kitchen at my first uni home.

I do hope all goes well for you. Good Luck. You getting a birthing pool? I think that sounds relaxing..... well to some extent anyway and i know that with one you're bf could join you in it too...but if it were me i'd have the pool all to myself.

Post 6

Lizzbett

Hey Unc!

A man who appreciates a good fridge-freezer - you should definetely hang on to him!smiley - ok

I wish you and the bump good health and happiness and I look forward to hearing what variety of bump it turns out to be in a few weeks time.

smiley - hug to all three of you.

Liz
~

Post 7

Existential Elevator

smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

Post 8

Laura

It is a very nice fridge freezer I'll admit smiley - biggrin.

Tiling is almost done, only behind the radiator and a couple of other fiddly areas left to do smiley - magic. The cot's supposed to be arriving this afternoon, I'm very excited about that smiley - boing. PSG's finished all the painting that was required before baby's arrival, everything else can wait if neccesary. smiley - smiley Baby's fine judging by the way it's been kicking but I'm looking forward to the 38 week check tommorow.

I'm not worried what baby turns out to be as long all goes well smiley - smiley. It will make buying clothes a lot easier though, they all seem to be pink or blue smiley - doh

Post 9

I take it that you have taken time off work smiley - smiley

Post 10

Laura

I've been on maternity leave for the whole of this month smiley - smiley.

Post 11

wish i could have leave because i hate the job i am in.

Post 12

Existential Elevator

...getting pregnant might be a rather extreme solution to that, though... smiley - ermsmiley - winkeye

Oooh, you must be close on then, Unc smiley - yikes
smiley - laugh It is annoying how baby clothes tend to be pink/blue. But what's wrong with a little boy in pink? smiley - winkeye 'Tis cool that you're not going to cheat and find out [are you?] I can't help but feel that spoils the suprise smiley - smiley
Have any names in mind yet? smiley - wow

Post 13

White, pale or mint green, and washed-out orange, seem to be readily available colours here. They've proven to be pretty safe bets. smiley - laugh

Post 14

Laura

Baby's due date is 9th February so any time from now really. smiley - biggrin I'm hoping for sooner rather than later as the baby's turned and keeps kicking my back smiley - bruised. We've names sorted though may change our minds once he or she is born, some names just don't seem to suit some people. smiley - smiley Most the clothes we have are white or cream and easy to clean, seemed the best solution. smiley - biggrin

Post 15

Relating further to the clothes, ... Did you get 12 to 16 of everything? You know, enough for a day or two atleast. smiley - laugh

Post 16

Laura

We've at least 10 of everything, I really can't remember exactly as PSG made me put everything away before I wore it out before baby got to use any of it smiley - laugh

Post 17

Michael

Wow I've been away a while, so much has happened! Hope everything is going ok, three weeks must be up by nowsmiley - erm.

Pity you had to quit being an ACE, though I'm proud to have been your ACElingsmiley - hug

Post 18

Laura

No baby yet, I'm five days overdue now. Been given an induction date of 20th February so less than a week to go smiley - biggrin

Thanks smiley - hug. I'm not really upset about quiting ACEing, most people never respond to their message and most of them probably never even read it, so after two and a half years I was losing interest. smiley - smiley

Post 19

*is uncertain whether pacing ought to begin now, or shopping for cigars ... smiley - doh*

Post 20

Laura

I've no idea smiley - laugh, contractions keep starting then stopping again smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post