This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

9.3.11 - The Anti Irn Age

Post 1

Bluebottle

I've given up chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks for Lent. I've given up chocolate and crisps before, no problem, but is it possible to last until Easter without Irn Bru?

<BB<

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Sure it issmiley - ermI've never touched the stuffsmiley - winkeye

Post 3

Bluebottle

No? Not even a little teeny weeny drop?smiley - yikes

<BB<

Post 4

Vip

I couldn't get past the smell, although Mr Vip has been known to drink the occasional bottle when he's out of other options. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

Post 5

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Umm, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what is Irn Bru? Alcohol, fizzy drink, alien life-form...?

Post 6

The Fish

**See http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A219863 ** (Scotish Fizzy Drink)

I'm not sure you can last THAT long can you BB??? smiley - huh
smiley - fish

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - yikes is that *the* The Fish? *faints* @ all the resurrections...

Post 8

Bluebottle

Yay - the smiley - fish! U43530 and U43536 reunited at last.

Irn Bru is a Scottish carbonated beverage that does not contain Iron, nor is it brewed. It is orange in colour, but as for taste the only thing even remotely similar to a glass of Irn Bru is another glass of Irn Bru. (You can get Diet Irn Bru but that tastes nothing like Irn Bru). In Scotland it outsells Pepsi, Coca-Cola and all other fizzy drinks, but is virtually unknown outside the UK, which is a shame as I think it's nicer than that lot.
It contains quinine (Jesuit's Bark) so it must be vaguely medicinal - I must admit I've never had malaria when drinking it, but then I've never had malaria any way...

<BB<

Post 9

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Google has revealed to me that there is a site called "IrnBruUSA.com"

You can order this coveted item online, it seems. Whether it is still fizzy after the jostling of shipping it so far is another question. smiley - smiley

Post 10

Bluebottle

...I'd be afraid it would explode in your face when you try to open it...

<BB<

Post 11

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Err. Good point. Do have a "world wide" soda shop locally, think I should see if they carry it? I can only have the diet version, mind...

Post 12

Bluebottle

Give it a go and let me know what you think - I'll keep my fingers crossed that they stock it.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more