A Conversation for The Friends of LeisureDistrict's Quotes and Other Stuffs Section...

Friends of LD's Quotes and Other Stuffs Section: Beliefs

Post 1

Loup Dargent

Testing purpose only...smiley - smiley

This thread will be linked to the LDers' Quotes section page A909010 any days now..smiley - cool

Stay tuned...smiley - biggrin

smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 2

Reality Manipulator

Does anyone would like to discuss various meditation techniques and how it helps you in daily life with me.

JA

Post 3

Loup Dargent

go for it katrine...smiley - smiley

that's what this thread is for...smiley - ok?!... so feel free to post about it...smiley - cheers

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

smiley - ta Loup

In Jediism we meditate on different aspects of the Universal Force which binds, unites, heals, strengthens, harmonizes, directs, empowers and enlightens all living things.

Jedi meditate on being open and connected to the Force that will help us in our daily lives.

Here are some guidelines on meditating:

Another aspect of meditating on the Force is to viualize the sun at its zenith at mid-day and reflecting on its power. Then feeling the warmth of the sun filling our minds and bodies. See in your heart a small spark turns into a flame and then turns into a fire in your heart. This fire spreads out through your bodies. Then you will imagine your bodies are aglow with this light. A great feeling of calm and tranquility will spread over you as you meditate on the sun's light. Strength, wisdom and guidance will come through this type of meditation which is recommended that all Jedi just do on a regular basis.

JA

May the unifying, harmonizing, enlightening life force spread through us and throughout the universe.

Post 5

little imaginary friend

well hello everyone
just when you thought it was safe to start quoting again
i turn up smiley - biggrin
so what do i believe eh!!
well grass is green & the sky is blue
just trying it out peeps
see what occures shall we

Post 6

little imaginary friend

ooohhhhh it looks like my smiley - smileys dont wanna play the game innit smiley - biggrin so there is a thing called sods law smiley - laugh
what will go wrong has gone wrong

Post 7

Loup Dargent

smiley - ok lif... your smiley - smileys seem to be ready to play now...smiley - cool

Post 8

Anarchist in the U.K- I'm not a hippy, Its just a nickname

Does anyone want to discuss Wicca or Satan worship?

Post 9

Loup Dargent

hi anarchist...smiley - smiley

it's a thread where peeps can talk about what they believe in or/an ask about things having to do with others' beliefs [ i think i've got it right]...
so in short: yep go for it...smiley - disco that might bring a few people in too...smiley - cool

back soon...smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 10

I think Satan Worshipers and Wiccans get a bum deal from society. YOU MAY AS WELL DISCRIMINATE AGAINST christians. (sorry Caps lock on). There is no proof for the existence of Satan God Buddah Wicca Voodoo or Bishnu. Why not discriminate against all of them?

Post 11

Loup Dargent

smiley - wow i'm not too sure that christians are not discriminated against nowadays... a little check through some H2G2 convos regarding religions will show that people who believe in God can be easily seen as mad by some... or ignorant... whatever is worse...smiley - biggrin

for Wicca and Satan worshippers... there is still a lot of ignorance about them which of course brings prejudice/suspicion etc in people ... tho' historically official religions are to be blamed for it [and might still be blamed now], nowadays the tabloids sure don't help either...smiley - biggrin

talk soon...smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 12

That is true and I know people are discriminated against by others and other religions discriminated against etc. The Goh re-uprising has let to alot of discriminate against satan worshipers and against people who look like satan worshipers. I don't get it too bad though...

Post 13

Loup Dargent

anarchist... i'm a christian myself but i chosed not to be a bible bashing one if you know what i mean...smiley - biggrin

i have chosen to stay in the christian faith because i feel comfortable with it [the faith not necessairily the official religion]... and i would not condemn/judge/mock/etc people who believe something different than i believe in... one of the reasons being of course that i don't like it when that happens to me [not the only one tho']...

i'm sure i still have some bad misconceptions about other beliefs and i would certainly welcome a bit of knowledge/info regarding your belief... so don't hesitate to explain more about it... after all that's one of the ideas behind this thread...smiley - cool

if i'm not replying straight away it will be only because i'm either replying to some postings somewhere else or ready to go offline... which i usually do around 20:00pm... but i usually try to come back <./>online</.> later on...smiley - disco

talk soon..smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 14

I know. Did you know a bible basher is actually a satan worshiper (hence the name).
Wicca is a belief in magic that origionated in far europe- Eastern european steppes. (depending where you start from).

Post 15

Loup Dargent

i always found the expression strange but i kinda pictured someone trying to make a point by hitting a table with their bible... or hitting someone on the head with it perhaps?!..smiley - yikes i dunno... i can't remember an equivalent expression in french...smiley - biggrin

Post 16

Apparently you go to hell if you throw bibles and stuff like that. im not really bothered. Thats where Im going anyway with my sins list.

Post 17

Loup Dargent

hell is very relative... some says this world is hell anyway...smiley - biggrin

smiley - smiley
smiley - ale

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 18

Well its bad enough.

Post 19

Loup Dargent

certainly not an easy ride...smiley - smiley

the definition of hell depends on so many interpretations...

according to the Roman Catholic Church hell would be the place where sinners would be thrown into... lots of flames etc... not very nice if you don't like the heat...smiley - biggrin also a way of scaring people into being good boys/girls... not my cup of smiley - tea...

hell can be a place where christians would not be able to be with their God... a more reasonable explanation as if their faith is a "live" one [eg experienced] they would want to be with God once they're dead...
of course, then the definition of hell would be subjective as those who don't believe in God would not have any problems in going to a place where God would not be...

a bit like paradise really.. there are theories/ideas that everyone goes to the paradise they believe in... as a christian, i would go to a paradise where Jesus is... a muslim would go where Mahomed [sp?!] is etc... kind of smiley - cool in a way..

Wiccan would go to a magic place i suppose?!..smiley - biggrin i haven't a clue but that could be logical...

what's the most important i think is that whatever our beliefs we try to do our best in this life... well, i kinda stick to this one as i'm not the best christian in the world when it comes to temptations but, hopefully the good things i have done will outweight the bad ones...
of course, i have the re-assurance that as long as i am truly sorry i have been forgiven already...smiley - disco which is unfortunately not always the message put across by some so-called christians...
which could bring us back to your first posting really, as those might be the ones condemning/judging/persecuting/discriminating against people with other beliefs...

smiley - wow a bit controversial there...smiley - cool

i would not become a Wiccan but, it's not because i think it's a false religion etc.. it's more because i have experienced great things through my beliefs and magic is not needed to protect me or whatever ignorant things i was going to say [not knowing much about it i don't want to make a list of what i think Wiccans are using magic for]...
to a point it could be argued that me asking Jesus to protect me against certain things and receiving this protection is magic by itself... again another very subjective point..smiley - smiley

hehe.. it seems that i'm talking a lot about my faith/beliefs here... don't hesitate to do the same with yours... this thread is for sharing _not_ for me to promote christianity [or one aspect of christianity anyway]...smiley - biggrin

i was thinking of kat's earlier posting... i wonder if the theory about "paradise" would work for Jediism... could be rather smiley - cool...smiley - smiley

talk soon everyone...smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 20

Wiccans are reencarnated which makes sense because they believe earth is a magic place. The only bit of the bible i have read is the revelations.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more