A Conversation for Scabby Queen - Card Game

Peer Review: A907823 - Scabby Queen - Card Game

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Entry: Scabby Queen - Card Game - A907823
Author: Emily Strange, a piece of Scottish Fiction - U129266

A blood thirsty little card game I have been subjected to playing over the past year with the rest of my 6th Year friends. I've just given basic rules and if they need to be more elaborate just say. If anyone says it should even be here I'll take it out.

A907823 - Scabby Queen - Card Game

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

smiley - ok - this is played in Derbyshire schools too, where it's known as 'raps', for obvious reasons.

smiley - ale

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - okI'll stick that in somewhere smiley - smiley

Have you played it? It's fun...for about five minutessmiley - erm

Post 4

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

We played 'knuckle poker' (ordinary poker, only we bet 'hits') for a while when I was around 11-12. The ones who played enough to get bloody knuckles thought they were sooo cool. Various versions included pushing bits of the deck in so you got a 'staircase' effect, playing with plastic playing cards, which hurt much more, and the rumored razor blade in the deck...

Insanely stupid game. Much more fun with the game where you make fists, place them against your oponents fists and try to rap his knuckles while he tries to move his hands away. If he can, it's his turn to hit, if he can't you can cause more pain.

Ah, the joys of youth. smiley - biggrin

Post 5

ahhh we play something similar to that game with the fists, called "slappies" which is basically you make your hands into a prayer positiona nd put your fingertips against your oponents, then it's a whole load of slapping and trying to get away...not fun.

Post 6

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Yes, I did play it. Sad to say, I was one of the evil sods that sliced he deck and scrapped smiley - blush

smiley - ale

Post 7

smiley - laughwell I'm one of the poor sods who bruised her knuckle for a couple of months after playing it with a group of boys at school who graduated the deck and slammed hard.

Post 8

Number Six

In Staffordshire it was also known as 'raps', or alternatively 'Chase the Bitch'. We used to use the Queen of Spades, though.

Post 9

Yeah seems to changed between areas of the country. I was going to put a section in about this but I'd only heard it being called Scabby Queen or Chase the Ace.

Post 10

Jezebel

Well, if you're making a collection we used to call it 'Executioner' in Hampshire. There was also some distinction between holding the cards upright and sideways when making the blows - can't rememebr what it was though. Also, if you chickened out and whipped your hand away, you got held down by the biggest lad, and received twice your raps.

Post 11

here if you whip your hand away you get double the hits

Post 12

Trout Montague

Does this condone violence the way Seven Card W**kstain A435584 condones spitting?

Remember the fuss that caused.

DMT

Post 13

I'm not sure, I have put a warning though, even if it is a little weak

Post 14

McKay The Disorganised

Yeah - we used to play this, not sure I understand the division bit, we just used to get raps for the number of spots on the card.

Chase the Ace is a totally different game, (round here) though it can also be played for similar penalties.

Each player get one card. The object is not to have the lowest card. If its a King you place it face up on the table, and nobody can take it away from you.

The first player looks at his card and decides if they want to swap with the player on their left. (Assuming they don't have a king) An Ace (which is low) therefore proceeds around the table like a speeding bullet, until it meets a King or reaches the dealer. The dealer is allowed to swap with the top card on the deck. Raps awarded according to card Ace = 13 raps, administered by dealer.

Post 15

I'll sort out the division bit so it's a bit easier to understand but I've just written the rules out as we've played it at school and how the years before us have played it

Post 16

Researcher PSG

Hello

Not the most pleasant card game I've ever heard of but still the entry looks OK.

Anyone else got any thought?

Researcher PSG

Post 17

no it really isn't a pleasant game, however it is fun at the time...all until you get hurt properly.

Post 18

Sea Change

I'm an American and have never played this.

I don't understand what is happening in the Division section at all.

Post 19

yes, there seems to be a bit of confusion with that section.

basically the the first person who is out of the game takes the pack and hits the person three times, the second person out hits twice and from the third round in a clockwise fashion each of the other contestants get to hit once, if there are still hits to be taken it carries on round the circle with one hit each until you're done...

I know it sounds like a brutal game, it is a brutal game, but for some reason when you're 17 and bored and have another load of similarly bored 17 yr olds it always seems to come down ot this or pretend wrestling...there is no logic behind it I assure you.

Post 20

Sea Change

So, what is being divided, is the labor of the forfeit administration?

Are there rules that say you can't give sissy hits to the loser just because they're your friend?

Key: Complain about this post

Peer Review: A907823 - Scabby Queen - Card Game

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more