A Conversation for Random Quotes Guild-Lurking Where All Fine Quotes are Quoted

Thread Moved

Post 1821

Brother Maynard

"I sometimes wonder if it is not the Prince of Darkness who inspires religions with the sole aim of distorting the image of God"

- Mani (quoted in the novel The Gardens of Light by Amin Maalouf)

Thread Moved

Post 1822

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

the agua-moose man had cost me everything

Thread Moved

Post 1823

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

"If you can link a problem with earning money or saving money, it stands a much greater of getting resolved quickly. If a street lamp is visible from an aeroplane, half of the money spent to illuminate the street is wasted, going out into space. So put a reflective cover over the lamp and half the wattage of the bulb. Energy is saved, money is saved, astronomers can see- and the public gets to drink in the majesty of the night sky"

Astrophysicist Neil De Grasse Tyson, speaking about light pollution in the 10th April edition of new Scientist. I've never seen the problem and the solution to this problem encapsualted so well.

Thread Moved

Post 1824

Brother Maynard

Most politicians look like people who have become human by correspondence course

-- AA Gill

Thread Moved

Post 1825

Lizzbett

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." Dolly Parton.

quotes of the moment

Post 1826

imsogreen ( in search of music related quotes )

...the third man says nothing, smoking his cigarette as though it's part of his search for enlightenment.

...girls who leaned sexily as though auditioning for parts in a play ... traded pocket mirrors, lipsticking themselves like four year-olds determined to crayon one spot to a waxy patch.

he then made a fist, signifying --she supposed-- strength. ...she nodded as though she understood, though she felt she never would. things simply made all of them cry and sigh. things dredged from the bottoms of their souls brought them pain at the strangest moments.

----- zz packer

quotes of the moment

Post 1827

Anquet

"If i were creating a world i wouldnt mess around with butterflies and daffodils, i would have started with lasers 8 o'clock, day one."
- Evil (David Warner) in Time Bandits

quotes of the moment

Post 1828

Lizzbett

“I’m going to make a suggestion that might help you, but I don’t want this to be taken as an indication that I like you.” Toby Zeigler, The West Wing.

quotes of the moment

Post 1829

Lostit - Instigator of the Chaos for Thingite

"Imagination is way more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
"The Truth will make you Fret" Terry Pratchett

quotes of the moment

Post 1830

Lizzbett

“Opinions are like backsides – everybody has one.” Ronnie O’Sullivan

quotes of the moment

Post 1831

imsogreen ( in search of music related quotes )

ha! that reminds me - opinions are like gold chains, everybody has one -- truck

everybody wants to get backstage, backstage must be all of the rage, but backstage is just like turning another page, in a book you just want to throw out the window, backstage.

you bribed yourself out of a place in the sun, but you had some change to spare, so you said you wanna spend it on me, and shook the blues out of your hair. such a beautiful way to break your heart. such a beautiful way to break my heart.

i'll feed you fruit that don't exist. i'll leave graffiti where you've never been kissed. i'll do your laundry, massage your soul. i'll turn you over to the highway patrol.

engineer, slow down this old train. cinders and chaff, laugh at the moon. night birds will cackle, rotting like apples on trees, sending their dead melodies to me.

tongues tied under the moon, my love is a room of broken bottles and tangled webs ...won't you lay my bags upon on the funeral fire and sing it again.

----- beck hansen

quotes of the moment

Post 1832

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

"The Truth's got it's boots on, and now it's going to kick some arse"
William DeWorde

quotes of the moment

Post 1833

Uncle_Bob - Back In Black

"...and everybody was doing the funky grampa!"

- Abraham 'Grampa' Simpson, The Simpsons

quotes of the moment

Post 1834

Brother Maynard

On many American campuses the only qualification for admission is the ability to find the campus and then discover a parking space
-- Malcolm Bradbury

quotes of the moment

Post 1835

creachy

That would explain a lotsmiley - ok

'The company of those seeking the truth is to be infinitely preferred to those who think they have found it.' - Jack Jackrum from 'Monstrous Regiment' by Terry Pratchett

quotes of the moment

Post 1836

Ged42

"I will name him Squishy,
and he will be mine,
and he will be my Squishy"
- Dory in Finding Nemo smiley - fish

"Smell Bad"
-Bluto in Labyrinth

quotes of the moment

Post 1837

creachy

"You are not in the Universe now, you are in England." - Salmon Of Doubt by Douglas Adams (As if you needed tellingsmiley - winkeye)

I loved Labrynthsmiley - ok

quotes of the moment

Post 1838

creachy

"You're fat and I'll throw you in the river!" Ray Winstone in Love, Honour and Obey

An absolute gem of a filmsmiley - ok

quotes of the moment

Post 1839

Lizzbett

“I think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.” – Oscar Wilde

quotes of the moment

Post 1840

Ged42

"I shot the Sherif and the Deputy and your wee doggy too"
Dwarven Rifleman from Warcraft 3

"Don't try and out wierd me, I've had wierder things than you free with my breakfast cereal" - Zaphod

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more