This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

InterNaJoPoMo2: Damn and blast them all to hell

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

It's 7.17 am. I've got a Very Important Meeting at 11am, much preparation to do before then, and I'm sitting on h2g2 starting threads about reverse smileys because I find a bit of early morning procrastination useful on days that are destined to be crazy.

Now I find that Ed has started a Very Interesting Thread on swearing within the community and I don't quite have enough time to do that justice. And not only is it a VIT, it's one that's not going to be stressful to read and partake of. Which is a change. It's h2g2 getting back into its groove and no doubt there will be some serious backlog by the time I get to read again later today.

The VIM is with a woman from the government department who pays my income. She is an Actual Good Person, but works in one of the most dysfunctional systems I've come across. Unfortunately what the means for me is that I spend a massively disproportionate amount of time on unnecessary bureaucratic processes, and very necessary fixes to unnecessary bureaucratic processes.

Damn and blast them all to hell is the phrase I use when really you just have to damn and blast them all to hell. Not sure who Them is exactly, but I'm sure They're responsible in someway for the state of the world and my life today.

(Heavy white cat was outside the bedroom window again this morning, and it wasn't raining. Something will have to be done).

Post 2

Mrs Zen

smiley - goodluck

Post 3

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - cheers

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

You're still here? Good luck with your meeting, if it hasn't already happened. I can't figure out the time difference. You could have wrote this yesterday for all I can tell! smiley - silly

Post 5

I probably wrote it tomorrow smiley - winkeye

Am off in about half an hour or so smiley - cheers

Post 6

Ivan the Terribly Average

I hope it went well...

Post 7

It went very well, thanks Ivan. I'm exhausted by it though. Having smiley - cake for dinner probably didn't help. Or it did smiley - drool

Post 8

There's nothing wrong with smiley - cake for dinner. It isn't just for breakfast any more.

Post 9

I had icecream for dinner the other day, so I guess it's not just for brekkie anymore either.

Post 10

I've never really understood about the whole 'breakfast food' thing either - food is food, it isn't time sensitive...

Post 11

I completely agree! I had leftover pasta for breakfast yesterday smiley - drool

Post 12

A good breakfast curry is unbeatable. smiley - drool

Post 13

I don't eat curry, but leftover apple crumble, or fried potatoes and poached eggs would be some of my favourites. I guess they're not that strange.

Post 14

If you put them on the same plate they would be. smiley - biggrin

(G'night...)

Post 15

smiley - yuksmiley - laugh

Night!

Post 16

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

> Ed has started a Very Interesting Thread on swearing within the community.

Linky?

TRiG.smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more