This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Top Gear.

Post 1

Smudger879n

I saw in the news that they have given the Top Gear post to Chris Evans?

Not the best choice, well that's my thoughts on the matter.

So, I don't think I will be watching it any more, which is a pity as I've been a fan of that program for years now, (since I was a kid)

Shame really, .....what do you think?smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Top Gear.

Post 2

bobstafford

It just won't work well enoughsmiley - erm

Top Gear.

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Chris Evans has been on Top Gear a couple of times at least, so he has car credentials, but the old dynamic won't be there. I think the old dynamic may be tired anyway, as some of the things the team did in the most recent series I saw were extremely silly rather than just silly like in the past...

The show may reinvent itself, and I think it just might, but we'll have to see how it goes...

Top Gear.

Post 4

Smudger879n

Evans said on TV earlier tonight, that he was offered the whole package, including producing and directing it, and that Hammond and May won't be on the show any more?

He said he was going to find new presenters by holding auditions from people all over the world?

Personally I think the show will flop now, as I for one, won't be watching it any more? As I don't think he should be the one to replace Clarkson?

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Top Gear.

Post 5

Smudger879n

I saw the last episode of Top. Gear last night,(well the last one I will be watching) it was just Hammond and May showing zany film clips, of all the good times the show had.

It was sad to watch really, and end to an erasmiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Top Gear.

Post 6

bobstafford

Who owns the Top Gear name if its JC smiley - magic

Top Gear.

Post 7

Smudger879n

It would be great if another channel took the whole team on, and started their own version of ..........wait for it.............Sixth Gear.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Top Gear.

Post 8

bobstafford

Oh yes smiley - smileysmiley - biggrinsmiley - laughsmiley - magic

Top Gear.

Post 9

Smudger879n

Well Bob, we weren't far out with that post I made about the three some starting a new car show, I read today that there are two or three TV companies making approaches to them to start a new show,.......so I hope they do, and goes on to be a real success!smiley - winkeye

As I don't think the show will get nearly as many viewers when Evens takes over
smiley - sadface

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger879n

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more