Now please!

I've got a tenious link to Birmingham too

Post 2

Z

Me First!

I've got a tenuous link to Birmingham too

Post 3

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

I live within spitting distance of Brum. Literally a couple of hundred metres from the boundary line.

smiley - angelsmiley - doctorJ

Post 4

Z

great- you'll be next on the list when I make one later today!

Post 5

vegantoo

Please let me join...
I will be studying in Solihull as of January. OK - it's only one tutorial a month - but will that count? I'm at CV23 0DD - why do you want our post codes - as proof of eligibility?

Post 6

vegantoo

Just thought - isn't it a bit risky putting our post codes on here? You are thinking of stalking me after all!! smiley - rainbow

Post 7

Z

Noooo only the first part so I can make a map eg B29..

Post 8

vegantoo

Oh. Bit late now.

Post 9

< donone1

Please let me join...because firstly my ex girlfriends brother went to birmingham university, secondly i used to go on the old 345 to skem which took so long that it must have hit the outskirts of birmingham surely and thirdly and most importantly vegantoo told me to join(joke)
DONONE 1 L10

Post 10

Saint Patrick Patron Saint of Depression: Here to haunt your dreams and stalk your waking hours

i live there B73

Post 11

Z

Oooh I'll just log out and and you on... so you used to go to Skem I'm from they're originally! before I escaped to birmingham!

Post 12

< donone1

If you are from skem then you cant be all bad!!
Have been there a couple of times, the 345 was one of those buses that are an institution usually packed so you had to go upstairs into the smog, before they outlawed smoking on buses, their were many scary characters up their who used to put the fear of god into you and they were just the conductors!!
Skelmersdale has a bad reputation which like kirkby is unwaranted i have known a few people from skem and all have been great, i might have to go to skem before tackling spaghetti junction

Post 13

Z

oooh to be honest I don't I've got the 345 more than once or twice, smiley - blush or i that something to be pround of!

I've got this article on Skem reccomended at the moment! - A890561

smiley - antsmiley - spidersmiley - scientist!

Post 14

< donone1

Wear the badge with pride, read the article definitely an important and invaluable addition to h2g2 as ken dodd is apt to say it certainly taught me a lesson, no seriously it was informative even to a person from liverpool well aintree anyway which is a lot more boring than skem and only comes alive properly for one day of the year!!
smiley - mousesmiley - spidersmiley - towelsmiley - bus

Post 15

Z

Hummm well I have to admit I left skem 16 days after I turned 18! and I haven't been back much since, probably because there's rather a lot more summer jobs here!

smiley - antsmiley - towelsmiley - redwine

Post 16

< donone1

what kind of summer jobs did you do? I used to pick fruit(mainly strawberries but also raspberries and gooseberries) also worked in a warehouse assembling ex catalogue mfi style furniture which was hilarious, can think of two occasions when furniture was correctly assembled!!
smiley - spidersmiley - mousesmiley - cheers

Post 17

Z

oooh I never actually found a summer job in skem to be honest, the only ones I could take were ones that paid cash in hand and as my parents were on benifits then I couldn't work offically because what I earned would be deducted from whatever they got!

In brum I just did rather a lot of temping stuff...quiet enjoyed it in the end. I think things must be picking up in Skem cos my brothers found a part time job, in my day no one got part time jobs in the concourese.. there were enough full timers to go round!

smiley - spider

Post 18

< donone1

Good news about your brother, hopefully he becomes full time if he wishes, i was actually on the dole when i was strawberry picking i dont know how the dole office didnt notice the patches of strawberry on my jeans. At the start of the season we were paid by the hour later it became piece work which cut down on the strawberry fights!!
I guess from the smileys that you are in the medical profession, i bet that means long hours? My work is a lot less important working for vernons pools as did many people in liverpool at one time or another.
smiley - spider

Post 19

Z

Cool I still remember the old building before it became the "paradox" my Dad meet my stepmum when they were smiley - strawberry picking on the dole very romantic!

Actually aformentioned brother will probably be going to univeristy though he sulking at the moment cos he didn't get into his first choice but got into all the others he applied to so he's threatening to go full time!

I'm just a student atm not part of the medical proffession at all well we wear white coats that's it!

smiley - scientist is just a good smilie

Post 20

< donone1

Yes spent a bit of time skiving on top of that tower, pity its not been put to any use now that the paradox got closed down.
I am sure your brother will make the right decision when he calms down(not in a scouse way of course)
I am sure there must be some romance in a strawberry field even if it isnt immediately apparent.
What are you studying, we have people in white coats in work but have managed to evade them so far!!
Agree smiley - scientist is a cool smiley

Key: Complain about this post