This is the Message Centre for helga danielsen

Still around only what is happening to time...?

Post 1

helga danielsen

I have no time! I want to write for myself, for h2g2, but there is no time. During the day I translate to earn money, in the evenings I am often too tired and without inspiration. My best inspirations come in the mornings. How I wish I had more time. This site has given me much and I am sorry for not being more active on it, reading what my friends have written, comment, feeling part of this particular universe. Well, perhaps one day soon.smiley - run

Post 2

Smudger879n

I know the feeling well Farawayladysmiley - laugh I am not even working these days and still struggle to find the time to write as much as I would like tosmiley - erm
I normally get involved in convos on that ex service I go to, as well as on heresmiley - ok
Mind you I must admit I have dropped out a fair bit on here recently, and only pop in every so often to keep my humour thread goingsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Post 3

helga danielsen

Hi Smudger, old friend, hope you don't mind my calling you that, but I feel you are a friend. Hope you are well and your wife too! Well, such is life, work, work and work and little pleasure. So I take what comes my way. Yesterday I saw a rainbow being born on the far horizon. It looked as if it was coming out of the sea, grew a little and disappeared again. I consider that one of those lovely gifts that come my way when I least expect it. You see, I walk six km every day along the beachfront and that gives me lots of wonderful surprises. Some times it is the moon coming up golden and glorious out of the sea and sometimes jumping fish, and for the first time yesterday, the start of a rainbow. At the moment it is fresh here, like on a cool summer day in England and I enjoy that very much! Makes a nice change from eternal heat. Love, farawaylady

Post 4

Smudger879n

Hi theresmiley - biggrin Yea I have no problem with that, in fact its nice to have virtual friendssmiley - cool I used to like walking along the beach at Findhorn bay which was only 5 miles from our house. When I was working part time, both Mk2 and I would take a drive down and walk along the back shore (as it was called)
These days, it takes me to walk to the corner shop and backsmiley - erm There is not a nice beach near us here, we have to drive along the coast a we bit. We do like to take a run to the two Bridges (Forth Bridges)and stand under the large metal railway one, and wonder how they managed to build that all those years agosmiley - ok
I remember when I worked over seas, my bank card had a picture of that bridge on it, and as soon as they saw it, everyone would start chatting away to me just because I came from Scotland, Ah! yes, happy dayssmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Post 5

helga danielsen

Hi Smudger! The other day I read one more of your stories in the Post. I like your stories! I believe that it is our duty to write down our memories. Times are changing so fast, that in about a hundred years the life you led and the life I led will look even stranger than they do already. I guess there will still be people then who will be interested to read about the past, our past, and wonder. My dear husband died 27 years ago, which seems yesterday, and sometimes I think how many new things have popped up in our everyday lives since then. If he could come back, or anybody else for that matter, they would take weeks going about simply amazed. How have you survived the heat wave you have had over there? By the way, only today I said at lunch that Scotland is a country I would love to visit... Love, F

Post 6

Smudger879n

Hi Fsmiley - biggrin, Good to hear from you again, yea I only wish I had kept a diary now, as I have forgotten so much about places and folk I have met. Our skipper did warn us about seeing life through the bottom of a pint glasssmiley - laugh
There are large chunks of it all still missingsmiley - erm I have really enjoyed the recent heat wave it reminds me of the time in the Gulf, mind you, Mk2 doesn't like the heat at all, so she stays in the shade while I potter about in the gardensmiley - cool
Anyway, It was good to hear from you once more, and I suppose its not too late to start a diary, mind you, not much happens in my life nowsmiley - erm Oh! how I miss the old dayssmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger

Post 7

helga danielsen

Hello Dear Smudger, I did not look in on you all anymore and so only now I saw your so very nice answer. It seems the older we get, the more we long for the times past. I too! The other day I had a visitor who knew me 35 years ago and he was also full of longings for the past. We are both getting on 70, incredible though that seems! Sometimes I think, that when we were younger, we simply did not worry as much as now, ergo we were more satisfied with our lifes. I know that I lived each day, slept and started another day without any thoughts of the past or the future. Now there are not so many pleasant things happening in my life, it is more of a routine and there are more money worries, so I wish I could have stopped the clock at some time in the past. Better still, maybe as a kid when there was nothing at all to worry about, there was our family and they loved us and all was well with the world.
This seems to happen to everybody, so the thing is to keep busy, think only of pleasant things and try to write those down. You are doing that so well and I like reading the way you write. And yes, you can start a diary now. Why not? You can start by writing down your present thoughts and the rest will come of its own. I am sure. Good luck to you, hope the winter will not be too cold for you. Here in Brasil it is already getting hot, the winter (26°C or so) was lovely. Hope you'll keep warm and cozy! Love, F

Post 8

helga danielsen

Hi Smudger, are you still busy at this site? Are you still around? How are you? Sorry to burst in on you with all these questions. My problem is still time, maybe I will not even have time to die one day. Well, that is a joke. I was just wondering about you and your wonderfully colourful little articles, snippets you call them. Greetings to you and to your wife, hope she is stils with you. Love, Helga
P.S. there was some change for signing in and they asked my name, so now I am not Farawaylady any more, but seem to go by my name, which is all the same anyhow.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for helga danielsen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more