This is the Message Centre for Number Six

For those of you who like their cricket...

Post 1

Number Six

...it's just been confirmed that the BBC are OK to stream Test Match Special audio of the Ashes outside the UK.

smiley - mod

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Best news I've had all year smiley - cheers

Post 3

Wait... they always stream the summer Tests overseas, it's the winter tours we need streamed too.

Post 4

frenchbean

I've been able to get TMS in both Australia and NZ smiley - huh So what's different?

Post 5

Number Six

Wellllllll... I now work for the bit of the BBC Sport website that puts audio and video on there, including live streams.

The recent trend has been that we've been getting more and more rights for live action and on-demand highlights, but nearly always UK-only rather than worldwide.

The Six Nations rugby radio commentary, for example, has always been available internationally but I'm pretty sure the contract has run out and it won't be next season.

So it's good to see TMS bucking the trend.

But as I've never been away from the UK for more than three weeks I'm not sure what the norm has been in the past...

smiley - mod

Post 6

More rights are always a good thing. When England tour Australia or NZ I've looked for streams from radio stations in those countries but even they won't stream outside their own territory. Seriously - what's an ex-pat got to do to get some live cricket commentary? smiley - cross I've tried some of those P2P video programmes and websites, but who knows what malware might be embedded in those things, and I can well do without those TV ads in Hindi for Indian plywood smiley - bigeyes

Post 7

frenchbean

When England tour NZ and Australia I listen to TMS.

Post 8

I can't get TMS on any overseas tours. There used to be a recorded message that kept repeating 'Sorry, but the programme you requested can't be...' whatever, but now you simply can't open the link. If you're in the wrong territory smiley - sadface

Post 9

Number Six

Weird that you get different results in NZ, Australia and the USA. It should basically either work everywhere in the world or just in the UK.

smiley - mod

Post 10

Maybe Fb's spoofing her IP address smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post