This is the Message Centre for Jack Point

Biking in the rain

Post 1

Jack Point

Looks like I might have to bike home from work in the rain today.
That's what I get for trying to lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
Well, it can't hurt. It's just water, right?

Biking in the rain

Post 2

jqr

Myself, I always find that I get less wet when cycling in the rain, as opposed to walking in the rain. (I also have fenders on my around-town bike, so my butt doesn't get wet so fast smiley - smiley) How far is your ride? Or have you stopped altogether?

Biking in the rain

Post 3

Jack Point

At the time I posted the journal entry, the ride was about 3 miles. Since then, I have moved closer to work, and the ride is only 1 mile or so. I still bike whenever the weather is decent and I don't have to carry anything heavy with me.

carrying heavy things

Post 4

jqr

I have found to the great relief of my shoulders and back that I can use my bicycle as a kind of 2-wheeled, 10-speed luggage cart. I have a baggage rack on the back, and have found the bike with rack suitable for transporting daily shopping, broken-down cardboard moving boxes, and my friend's folding bike. Of course, the downside is that it's kind of slow going( but still faster than walking smiley - smiley).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jack Point

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more