This is the Message Centre for Hannah-Music

Birthday Wish List

Post 1

Hannah-Music

It was my birthday in August and i had lots of friends asking my what i wanted and for ideas about what they could buy me. Of course, like every year, my mind goes blank and my only answer is "i dont know, you dont have to get me anything" or "i dont know, whatever you want, i dont mind". Now, ive realised that there are a small number of things that i should/could have asked for. So, im making a note to myself this year for next year in the hope that next time when somebody asks what i want, i can get something useful... (im sorry if i sound selfish, i dont mean to). My list just consists of some DVDs and CDs more or less, nothing expensive.

So, note to self: Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Umbillical Brothers, Ross Noble, IT corwd and Extras DVDs, Jack Penate and Idan Raichel CD and a How To Play Guitar book.

smiley - smiley
Do you have a wish list?

Hannah

Birthday Wish List

Post 2

Yvonne aka india

Like you, I never actually want anything at the time of my birthday, either because I really don't want anything, or have an idea that I did want something, but can't remember for the life of me what it was right now. My wish list usually consists of books that I've been recommended and want to read. For situations like this you could say "You could get me a book token or music token if you like, to contribute to this book/album I want to get later on."

Birthday Wish List

Post 3

Hannah-Music

good idea smiley - winkeye ill definitely use that one next time!

i ended up getting sooo much chocolate this year! smiley - smiley

books are always good--there is a huge craze at our school about this Twilight book. heard of it? people in schools all around Australia are obsessed but ive never read it. really should get around to that one day... if only i had a copy. should have asked for that!

ta
Hannah
smiley - smiley

Birthday Wish List

Post 4

Yvonne aka india

Hi Hannah

Sorry I've been away so long.

I was thinking about this the other day, if you "suggested" to your friends that you would appreciate book tokens, you might get enough to buy the book you wanted (and maybe some more) without having to spend a penny. Yes, I know it's a bit cheeky. smiley - winkeye

I've not heard of the Twighlight book, what's it about that makes it so popular at your school? Every once in a while there's a rush for the book of the time, but I often wait until the craze has died down a bit, or look at someone else's copy first to see if it's worth buying. smiley - book

For instance there's a big thread conversation about the Richard Dawkins' book, but all the fuss isn't enough to convince me to go out and get it just yet. If you want to wait long enough for one it will probably be in the charity shops after someone's read it and discarded for whatever reason. But when you've got it sometimes it's been worth the wait. The only disadvantage is that by this time, there are few people around still interested, with whom you can have a discussion about it. smiley - sadface

Birthday Wish List

Post 5

Hannah-Music

oh gosh, dont even get teenage girls talking about twilight! :P its such a craze! not as much as before in schools but i know poeple who have seen hte movie many times already and its only been out a week smiley - smiley they are so obsessed. fortunately! im not.. i might get hooked if i actually read them but im on a self protest not to conform to their vampire ways..

2nd hand shops are great for books smiley - smiley and you can always find poeple to talk about books with - even if its on forums like this one smiley - winkeye

ta for hte advice though. x

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hannah-Music

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more