This is the Message Centre for Elentari

Update for Elentari

Post 1

Elentari

Hi folks!

I haven't been around much recently, mostly because a lack of enthusiasm to contribute to the site before the move because we don't know how things will change under the new order.

I thought it was time for a bit of an update.

I've come back from a week in the Algarve (near Albueira) with 8 friends. We hired a villa and spent a lot of time at our pool and a day on the beach. It's not really my kind of holiday but we didn't hire a car (which was a mistake) so it was difficult getting around. We did manage to go to a waterpark and into Albufeira a couple of times, as well as catching a bus to Lagos in the hope of going surfing (we'd been told it was a good spot) only to arrive and find the sea as flat as a millpond.

I also ound out on Tuesday that my application for a small internal promotion was successful so I'm pretty chuffed about that! I don't know when I'll start or where I'll be based but it's more interesting work than I'm doing now at any rate. It's also a payrise, although after tax, NI, and increased pension and student loan contributions it will probably be no more than £80 a month extra. Still, I'll take it!

What have I missed here?

Update for Elentari

Post 2

scorp

I'm not the right person to answer the 'what have I missed here' question Elentari; but it's nice to see you backsmiley - hug

Update for Elentari

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Elentari,

Lots of things have happened while you've been away.. First of all, you should have received two emails from the BBC, if you have DON'T answer them - if you haven't let us know smiley - ok

You will find out everything that's been happening if you subscribe to the Announcement Page of h2g2's Future A85834173

Next, we want more volunteers!

Oh,.. and welcome back! smiley - hug

lil xx

Update for Elentari

Post 4

Websailor

Elentari, good to see you here again. I have kind of kept up with you on Flickr but it is not the same as chatting.

smiley - applause on your promotion, I hope it turns out to be to your liking, and the rise is better than a kick in the teeth, especially in the current climate.

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Update for Elentari

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

Congratulations on the job promotion. smiley - bubbly

Update for Elentari

Post 6

Elentari

Thanks all. I have seen the emails so I think I am up-to-date!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elentari

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more