This is the Message Centre for Elentari

Lake District

Post 1

Elentari

On Saturday I got back from a week long family trip to the Lake District (well, my brother just got a job in London so he couldn't come, which meant it was just me and my parents. That was mostly fine but it was a bit saddening sometimes to see lots of young couple about and think to myself "Well, I'm single and here with my parents! Great!" smiley - winkeye)

Regardless, it was a pretty good trip. We stayed in Ambleside in a place a stone's throw from Lake Windermere. The weather was pretty bad for much of the trip, especially the first half - we even had snow! The snow did make it interesting though by brightening up the brown hills. At the end of the week the weather cleared up a bit and we even got some sun!

We managed about four or five short-ish walks (the longest one was about three hours) and had some good food. I enjoyed myself but I think I'd rather go back in late spring when the weather is better and the landscape is greener.

We even saw Prince Charles! I hadn't realised but in the serious Lake District floods last year, Lake Windermere had flooded too. HRH had visited at the time and promised to come back to see how they were getting on. Someone told us what day he was coming but we had no idea what time it would be. We were about to head out for the day when we heard music, so we headed down to the waterside and there he was meeting people! It was a bit of a flying visit as he had other places to get to nearby but we followed him along as he met people and headed onto a boat to the next place. At one point everyone following him had stopped and I realised I was two paces ahead of all the other members of the public and the only people between me and Charles were his body guards - so I thought I'd better take a few steps back!

Pictures, as ever, on my facebook or www.flickr.com/elentari86

Lake District

Post 2

Websailor

Elentari, you are young yet, and any holiday is better than none. I am sure you will meet someone as clever as you, then you won't need to go with your parentssmiley - smiley

Looking forward to seeing your photos. Did you get any of Price Charles? Must rush,

Back tomorrow,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Lake District

Post 3

scorp

Beautiful photos Elentari - have only had chance to look at page one so far.

Scorp

Lake District

Post 4

Elentari

Thanks! I did get a couple of Prince Charles, but only one that was really any good. I didn't put it up on Flickr though.

Lake District

Post 5

AlsoRan80

Very dear elentani,

Lovely posting about your time in the Lake district,

It is a quite beautiful corner of england. i went there in 1990 wge I first arrived in england and I was still mobile.

I have been back in daffodil time and just love it then.

With much affection and thank you for such a memory -provoking entry.

Christiame
AR-Mark II

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elentari

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more