This is the Message Centre for Elentari

Mallorca holiday

Post 1

Elentari

Myself and three friends spent the last week on holiday in Mallorca. It was so good to get away for a while! There's some stunning scenery there and I think we managed a good medium between chilling out (both in our villa's private pool and on the beach - the water was incredibly clear so I went snorkelling which was pretty amazing) and sightseeing. We had a hire car so we travelled around a lot.

We went up to the Cap de Formentor, which has fantastic views along the coast.

We saw some wonderful caves which have been illuminated and then had some illuminated boats come out over the lake in one of the caverns to play a short classical concert (15 minutes or so).

We drove through the mountains and found ourselves on a rally stage.

We explored some towns, walked around a castle and a sanctuary.

We got rained on at a waterpark until the closed the rides because of lightning fears.

On the last day we walked around the capital, Palma (the only city on the island), did a harbour cruise and looked around the cathedral. The light through the stained glass windows was absolutely stunning. I'm used to the UK where the light is rarely strong enough to really show the windows at their best but there it was enthralling.

If you're interested, there are some photos on my flickr - www.flick.com/elentari86

Mallorca holiday

Post 2

Devonseaglass

As you say, brilliant stained glass and the lighthouse is a gem. What a location!

Mallorca holiday

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Wow, Palma Cathedral is stunning, thanks for sharing! I smiley - love stained glass, and that light is fantasticsmiley - ok

Awesome views of Cap de Formentorsmiley - applause

What's with the blue bath on the shore?smiley - laugh

Mallorca holiday

Post 4

Elentari

GB - it wasn't a bath, it was a fishing boat! smiley - laugh I took it from that angle because it was full of manky water which I didn't want in the photograph, so I can understand why you thought that!

Mallorca holiday

Post 5

scorp

Elentari! Am I missing the plot here 'cos I can't find a link to the photos.

Mallorca holiday

Post 6

KB

First post, but it got a bit mangled: http://www.flickr.com/elentari86

Some great pics in there E. smiley - ok

Mallorca holiday

Post 7

scorp

Thanks for the link KB.

Elentari, they are wonderful pictures. I also took a look at your Peak District shots; the areas which I know so well, coming from Derbyshire. They are also quite stunning. Well done.

Mallorca holiday

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

You've brought back some cracking memories. We actually stayed at the Santuari de Sant Salvador in Arta back in, I think, '04, and I was trying to remember the name of the place to tell Lainey's mum who is out there this week. It was fantastic - there was absolutely nothing to do except enjoy the silence.

Mallorca holiday

Post 9

Elentari

Thanks for the nice comments. It was a really great week. smiley - smiley

Mallorca holiday

Post 10

AlsoRan80

Dear Elentari,

I feel like bursting into song

"at last!! At last"!!

For such a long time we have been chasing one another around - rather like a cat chasing it's tail.

And now I have found you.

I have taken the liberty of adding you to must list of friends. I hope that is alright with you. if not, please just let me know.
and nosmiley - loveblushw I must fly. Lots to do.

Go well,

Christiane
AR79

11/XII/009 7.50 GMT

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elentari

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more