This is the Message Centre for Elentari

Woot Canaw

Post 1

Elentari

I had to go to the dentist today as a few days ago I noticed an odd swelling on the right hand side of my jaw, the size of a small marble, and a flatter but bigger swelling under my nostrils. I've had this before and it's been an infection (though only under the nose, not in my jaw), so I was hoping that's what it was this time.

It is. Apparently the jaw swelling is an infection caused by bacteria getting in where my wisdom tooth has been breaking through the gum, and the nose swelling is from where my two front teeth got broken in an unfortunate accident involving me, my friend Kiz and a swinging tennis racket when I was about 14. She tells me the tooth is dead and recommends me to eventually get root canal. smiley - sadface I'm supposed to talk to my usual dentist about it at my check-up in September.

The title of this thread comes from this scene in The West Wing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojhg1zTOef8, which was running through my head the entire time.

Does anyone know enough about dentists to know why my dentist was called "Dr XXXX"? She seemed too young to have done a dentistry degree and a PhD or a medical degree then converted. smiley - shrug

Woot Canaw

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I can't answer your question, but smiley - goodluck with the treatment. smiley - hug

Woot Canaw

Post 3

Websailor

Sorry you have to face dentistry but I am glad it is nothing more serious. Some strange things come to mind about your dentist which I won't go in to.

Take care. Love your photos on Flickr by the way. You do get to some nice places.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Woot Canaw

Post 4

J

Hah. That West Wing scene is exactly what I thought of as soon as a dentist told me I needed a root canal. I'm glad I got it, too. I had a molar on my left side which was in just awful shape, and really painful. The root canal itself wasn't too terrible. I don't remember it being very painful, just uncomfortable and boring. And I was able to enunciate more clearly than CJ.

These things happen. Good luck. smiley - smiley

Woot Canaw

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - goodluck with the dental treatment Elentarismiley - hug

Woot Canaw

Post 6

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

smiley - hugsmiley - goodluck

Woot Canaw

Post 7

Elentari

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but I must confess, the idea doesn't thrill me, especially as I don't have any pain.

Woot Canaw

Post 8

Elentari

Websailor, thanks for the nice comment about my flickr. I do like looking at yours; I especially liked the night-vision badger shots.

Woot Canaw

Post 9

Elentari

Yep. Root canal next Tuesday. That will be fun.

Woot Canaw

Post 10

Websailor

smiley - goodluck Hope all goes well.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elentari

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more