A Conversation for The Flight Of Daedalus

Post 1

Mystrunner

Post 2

Mystrunner

You are who you are. No special weapons, no secret technology. Only you.

Post 3

I'm Still Thinking... Lord Of Hell.

Can I be the guns expert who curses a lot? I'll bleep everything of course.

Post 4

Mystrunner

Sounds good!

ps - know anything about running quests? This would be the first one I've done...

Post 5

I'm Still Thinking... Lord Of Hell.

Have you ever played D&D being the dungeon master? It would be pretty close to running a quest.

Post 6

Mystrunner

Hmm... that's good. But I have a feeling that things will start up and just run around in a crazy, epilleptic manor. The whole purpose will be for the villains to do what they want, and for the heroes and every one else to try and stop them.

Post 7

Apollo

I think I'd like to try a Hero role smiley - smiley As you know, my posting can be erratic at times, but for the next few months I should be pretty regular.

Do I need a background, or specialty or anything? For now, just consider me the James Bond type hero (minus the government funding)--suave and intelligent, with comic relief.

Post 8

Mystrunner

Good to have you on board! No background needed, unless you want one.

Post 9

Apollo

I think I need an ex-girlfriend in the villians or the government! would make it fun smiley - smiley I wonder if I can round up any volunteers.

So IST... who else can we get to be dashing heros along side us?

Post 10

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

How 'bout an insider? A good guy who pretends to be a bad guy?

Post 11

Mystrunner

That might be neat, but you'd probably have to sign up later, after it started. You see, we're only letting there be ten villains...

Post 12

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

How many you got?

Post 13

Mystrunner

Umm... two.

JJ, and Terran.

Post 14

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Hmm... Well, insiders are pretty complex, so I'll stick with a pure Good Guy. Details below:

NAME: Marshal
DESCRIPTION: Marshal was sent here to quell the uprising. No-one knows who or what he is. Reports are unavailable. No birth certificate, no fingerprints, insurance, medical history, nothing. Not even how he came to Terrania. All that is clear is that someone in the Terranian Government paid 50,000 credits, in cash, to someone or something named "VIPER".
WARGEAR: Marshal is armed with a single, customised pistol, the VIPER 145.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Marshal is a skilled Hacker, he is trained in the use of almost any weapon, vehicle or computer system. He can also move at supernatural speed; fast enough to dodge bullets!

Well, what do you think? He in or not?

Post 15

Mystrunner

Hmmm... I'd have to think about the "VIPER" connection... I might be able to fit it in the plot, but I'll have to check.
I'd nix the bullet speed, taking instead the gift of, say, second sense, at least when it comes to bullets.
Upgrade your piloting skills to the point where you have complete mastery of any land or air vehicle. That should even it out a bit.

Remember, you hacking skills, if seen by Daedalus, would more than likely be copied by him. This is going to be rough...

Post 16

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Don't worry. The amount of energy needed to move at that speed means that Marshal can't do it often. Besides, I only use the skill when someone tries to shoot me, so your suggestion ties in well. As for the vehicle thing, it would make him more skilled; appropriate, considering how much his skills are costing...

Copied Hacking Skills? Do you mean whatever I use, Daedalus can use too? Scary.

Post 17

Mystrunner

Yeah. This thing is going to be big. The borg are thinking about showing up sometime, and I have no idea how Daedalus will react. They both learn...

Post 18

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

So when does it all begin?

Post 19

MJ12 SYSTEMS

*A monitor in a wall of the room flickers on*

~~~~~QUEST BEGINS DECEMBER 31ST, 2002~~~~~

*The monitor deactivates.*

Post 20

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Sweet...

Key: Complain about this post