A Conversation for Warwick University

Warwick University

Post 1

Rai - Researcher 53883

Although Warwick does boast the largest student's union in Europe, I can well imagine that the beer prices are also the highest in Europe. Due to the amounts of alcohol consumed in the union, prices are kept high due to such high demands. Shame that.

New additions include the piazza (ampitheatre) and a branch of costcutters. Social trends in the summer term see lots of students buying cheap wine and sitting in the piazza until late, then finally retiring to the union. A very good atmosphere indeed.

Warning: Warwick is VERY highly geared towards conferences and such like. During non term times (such as now) prices in the bars and around campus go up. Also, most of the facilities shut down. This may be expected, but, Warwick has a very large postgraduate population which seems to get ignored during these times. I'm not bitter, honest.

So if anyone is out there and is passing buy, feel free to buy me a pint and have a chat.

Warwick University

Post 2

the Geez

Hey,

Nice to see anothter Warwick student on here!
Is out union realy the biggest in europe? cool.

Warwick University

Post 3

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hey - two more warwick people! Is *everyone* at warwick on this site?

Warwick University

Post 4

Joe aka Arnia, Muse, Keeper, MathEd, Guru and Zen Cook (business is booming)

*wanders in*

Well, Warwick is my first choice on my UCAS form atm, after my visit a week ago (was anyone here in those yellow sweatshirts smiley - smiley )... The ratio seems so high though that all I can do is hope that both me and my best friend (it would be bad to break up the team smiley - winkeye ) manage to get through. Ho hum smiley - smiley

Warwick University

Post 5

Abi

Hi another Warwick person here - well ex Warwick. Can I just point out a major factual error in this entry. Warwick campus crosses the country boundary - half of it is in Warwickshire the other half in the West Midlands.

The county line is infact Gibbet Hill road - so I went to lectures in the West Midlands but lived in Wariwckshire (Hurst 42 actually which is rather spooky! smiley - winkeye )

Warwick University

Post 6

Well I never. Gibbet Hill Road a county boundary... smiley - winkeye

Warwick University

Post 7

Abi

That is what it is called isn't it - you know the road between benefactors and Cryfield? That runs down to the Westwood roundabout?

Warwick University

Post 8

Yep. I believe so (although I could be wrong - I haven't really needed to learn such mundane things as road names smiley - winkeye).

Warwick University

Post 9

Yep. I believe so (although I could be wrong - I haven't really needed to learn such mundane things as road names smiley - winkeye).

Warwick University

Post 10

mavvg

Hi, I thought I would add to the people at Warwick - it's 3 now.
Yep, Gibbet Hill Road is the one which runs down the side of Old Rootes (surprisingly) down to Gibbet Hill.

Warwick University

Post 11

Abi

ahhhhh such memories! smiley - smiley

Warwick University

Post 12

And this afternoon they've got a jazz festival in the piazza - I'll bee going over after I've finished here! smiley - smiley

Thar she blows....

Post 13

Abi

*starts wailing enthusiastically*

I want to be at Warwick again! smiley - smiley

Thar she blows....

Post 14

Demon Drawer

Well I worked just up the road from Warwick in Coventry. smiley - smiley

Never attended the place but drove past often. I could never get an early night on match days though the floodlights from Highfield road came straight into my bedroom. smiley - sadface

Warwick University...boring?

Post 15

Researcher 146545

Well, I'm headed to Warwick in October and I'm sure I'll have a great time as a Fresher. But doesn't it
all get boring after a while? Warwick is probably the best campus university in the UK, but it does
seem rather isolated. Do students eventually get fed up and start heading further out (Birmingham, for
example) when they have to see the same people and the same place over and over? After living in
London, I'm worried that i may go mad @ Warwick. Is there any reason to be concerned?

Post 16

Abi

Well if you spend all term on Campus you do go a little stir crazy - I know I did. But the campus is not isolated as such - the bus services are pretty good and it is nothing a day out in Cov, Leam, or Warwick itself won't solve smiley - winkeye

Post 17

And just going to the union every night can get a little tedious, even though there are different events throughout the week. Last year, we used to go down to the 'New Varsity' every now and again, just to relieve the tedium.

And we found a decent bowling alley, with its own crystal maze!

Key: Complain about this post