This is the Message Centre for AlsoRan80

Congratulations - the penny has at last dropped. ""

Post 1

AlsoRan80

I had included all my different numbers attached to Also Ran because I kept forgetting them. Probably I had my first stroke quite a few years ago. But no-one bothered least of all my closest, because I actually have never given up on anything - and I shall retire gracefully from this s site because I have so much other work to do. On fear of losing this posting like the one I lost yesterday, I shall print it.

I suppose that it is a dubious honour to be booted out, espectially since I was the first Also ran in 2001
just a year after you joined. Are you going to obliterate the photos you took of Keith and I at the summer meet in 2001 in Hyde Park. I would rather you did not.

Go well, and I hope that your family are well.
Christiane

AR80 Positively the last posting.
13/XI/2010 6.31 GMY

I hope that under the new management that "retirement age" will actually never happen to anyone else.

Our retirement should be when one leaves this life.....

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Another confusing post from Also Ran. What are you talking about?

Since you talk about the photo I took of you and Keith, it appears you are addressing me, Gnomon, although you posted it in your own journal.

Nobody is 'booting you out', so please don't try and put the blame on other people for something that you appear to be deciding to do for yourself, withdrawing from something that gives you comfort and hope.

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

And by the way, although you have removed me from your friends list, I haven't taken you off mine.

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

*confused, and don't have time to keep reading back posts so unsubscribes from AlsoRan's journal*

smiley - rose

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm confused, too, but I've always found that procrastination is a big help when you know there's a good chance of seeing someone again once they've cooled down. smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Websailor

Oh, dear it seems Christiane is having a few problems. I will stick around and see what happens though I have little time to spare at the moment.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 7

AlsoRan80

Well, dear websailor, smiley - dragon

Thank you for phoning me. And again so sad to hear your news.

I am recovering. it really is extraordinary . I am sure that it is the brain exercises.

Hope you are keeping well and if ever you want a change of air, do come and spend a few days with me by the sea.

Go well,

AlsoRan80

Thursday 21st april, 2011 7.53 BST

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

It's great to hear from you, Christiane! I was losing hope.

Post 9

AlsoRan80

Dear Gnoman,

There is a saying which goes like this

"Only the good die young!!"

I must have been very very wicked. but I have had a wonderful life.

A real pleasure to hear from you. I do hope you and the family are keeping well. Your eldest daughter must be nearly finished her first year at Uni.

Are you still singing in the choir abd giving lots of concerts?

any more visits to France? Don't forget to drop in on your way. !!

sincerely,

AlsoRan80
aka AR80
Christiane

Thursday 21st April, 2011 13.35 BST (Is that correcr?)

Post 10

AlsoRan80

Dear Gnoman,

What a marvellous surprise. lovely to hear from you.
I have posted you a longish reply but lost it I thin by f orgetting to post it. !!.

go well,

AlsoRan80 aka Ar80
Christiane.

Thursday 21st April 2011 13.45

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

I got both your replies.smiley - smiley

My family are well. We thought my wife was going to die about six months ago, but after advanced tests in which they cut a large chunk out of her lung, it turns out she is perfectly OK for the moment.

My elder daughter is just finishing her second year in University, and has just won a scholarship which pays her fees and gives her free accommodation on the campus and a big meal once a day for the next five years!

Younger daughter is just finishing her 'transition year' in school, where she doesn't learn much school subjects but gets involved in musicals, setting up small businesses and unpaid work experience in real companies. In September, she'll be starting her two-year course for her 'Leaving Certificate' examination, the final exam of school.

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

If you've only just arrived back, you may not have heard the news that the BBC are attempting to sell h2g2 at the moment. They don't want it any more, but they don't want to let the community down by just scrapping it, so they've promised to look for someone interested in keeping it as a going concern.

Interesting times ahead!

Post 13

Hi Christiane,

So good to hear from you.

smiley - biggrin
Happy Nerd

Post 14

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Christiane, it's been a long time.

Good to have you back. smiley - smiley

Post 15

Websailor

Christiane, I am SO pleased to see you hear again smiley - smiley Thank you for your kind words and invitation.

It is good to see you are feeling somewhat better. I do hope you can stay around this time, we have missed you.

smiley - cheers

Websailor smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AlsoRan80

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more