This is the Message Centre for summerbayexile

Hi SBE!

Post 1

frenchbean

Great to hear from you.

It's comforting that so many of the old faces are still around and welcomed me back upon my return. I'm sorry to hear though that you continue to be stuck in Britain. There's something wrong with the system when you're unable to live in the place you should be. I should count my blessings more often.

You do have the advantage of heading into spring now, whilst we move inexorably into autumn. Pah! I've just had 6 cubic metres of firewood delivered....so that.s my weekend sorted out. The wood shed lies empty and in wait!

Fb

Hi SBE!

Post 2

summerbayexile

Well I can guarantee you that your upcoming Autumn/Winter will not be anything like as wet and bleak as ours was. Yesterday was the first sunny and relatively warm Sunday watching my daughter play football for about 6 months! Although it's been a bad winter at least I've been working during term time for the first time in three years after scratching a living on summer courses and my wife's earnings together with tax credits. I am teaching English to prospective medical students at St George's University. It's been stressful due to the bad attitude of one of my fellow staff members who justifies every stereotype about the arrogant Frenchman! smiley - tongueout Having said that, at least I'm not being wound up by being at home all day, every day. The Antipodes will have to wait until I get my lottery win! Till then, take care and keep in touch and if you decide to stop lurking again let me have your e-mail address.

David (SBE)

Hi SBE!

Post 3

summerbayexile

Hi Fb,

Hope all is OK. Just thought I'd let yu know that I have started writing for the guide again. I have three Christmas themed entries in Peer Review. Love Actually, Christmas Singles of the 70s and Christmas Singles of the 80s. Please feel free to have a look and give me any feedback if you are still lurking. Take care.

All the very best SBE

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for summerbayexile

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more